Duke Nukem Almost Had a Gay Robot Sidekick

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Im with you on that internetlad. The gameplay better be at least half decent along with amazing one liners n such like what we had in the good ol duke -_-. I personally have a hunch that they got the face paced style down but the attitude? I PRAY for that to come through. Make me cry joy not saddness

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
Brokeback Mass Effect. Well... okay. Just checked, topic covered by the main thread on bioware forum has 48 pages and counting. So long as they don't change any existing characters.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
forget gay robots....

JUST got email notification with video link saying demo is released to Duke Nukem First Access Club on June 3rd!!!!!!!

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
BioWare must have recently hired a loud mouth "gay" developer that insists on having gay in-game characters or will sue for working in a anti-gay company...lol.

Luckily the idea was terminated ... a gay robt is just going too far pff track. An intelligent female AI sidekick ... now your onto something.

Though ...Dr Who is in love with his sentient 11th dimension tardus matrix so who knows?

pclee

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I don't mind the gay options, but it seems in Dragon Age 2 that all the guys are easy (I haven't tried gay yet though). Is that good for the portrayal of gay males in games?

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
"We are in the time when most of our heroes have become pussies,"
pussy like the corny, childish and completely gay "nuclear" truck of the Duke Nukem trailer?

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]pclee[/nom]I don't mind the gay options, but it seems in Dragon Age 2 that all the guys are easy (I haven't tried gay yet though). Is that good for the portrayal of gay males in games?[/citation]
Heh, did you play The Witcher. No one could be easier as those women. I was hoping they might allow the homosexual option in Witcher 2 so that I could be twice the man-whore. I'll eff anything that moves! Also, bring back the collectible cards. Maybe include STDs for realism.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Hmmm... I wonder what Duke Nukem would say to having a mirror image from a backwards universe like Superman's Bizzaro? Bad isn't good Duke! Nuke Dukem doesn't like naughty women, & let's just peace with the aliens. ;-)

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Raidur[/nom]Since when do robots have a gender?[/citation]
I think you mean "Since when do robots have a sexual preference?" If I've read enough Asimov, which is to say, if I've ready any, which I haven't, the sexual preference core is usually located next to the sarcasm core.

craighay

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
Raidur 05/17/2011 3:25 AM "Since when do robots have a gender?"

Well, at least since Bender (Futurama). Much earlier there was Marvin (Red Planet) - Two most definitely male-gender tin-bots. For skin-bots, watch "Blade Runner". What was the name of the skin-bot played by Sean Young? She was good enough for Harrison Ford, lol.

AMD_pitbull

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]craighay[/nom]For skin-bots[/citation]

As terrible and immature as it is, I quite literally lol'd at this. Guess I'm a little tired, and mind in the gutter with all the sexual comments?

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
So, gay sex is okay now, but frontal (partial) female nudity is too much? *Boiware* is really pushing the uh... envelope on that one. I'm so glad the third installment is the last one. The first game is still the best; at least that had side boob in it. It's all good as long as the forum flamers are happy though, amirite?

G

Oh, come on... a gay robot? How lame is that? Duke is all macho. Gay is for any other gaymes, not Duke. Grow some balls, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.