Duke Nukem Forever DLC Coming This Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Well, there's Doom (Inferno, B/DFG), Team Fortress 2 (2forts1bridge, hats), Call of Duty (Call of Duke + n00b t00b), and probably others I missed.

G

come on you got to admit that is a fun game... that's what some millions say that bought this game... and the references to some games are hillarius too... Im tempted to buy this game already I dont care about reviews XD

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I'm really surprised the developer is wasting the efforts for DLC on this game because of the reviews. I purchased the game, pre-order and I was disappointed.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]makatito[/nom]come on you got to admit that is a fun game... that's what some millions say that bought this game... and the references to some games are hillarius too... Im tempted to buy this game already I dont care about reviews XD[/citation]

that it is, most reviews seamed to hate, just to hate, and didnt share the duke sense of humor to realy get into the game.

its not gods gift to humans, but its still a fun game.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
sooo... another game that costs 60$ + more money for DLC? the strategies of publishers and developers is wearing thin. they release a beta you have to pay for then make us pay for additional content that should be free or included. making people pay for additional maps to games is not cool. as long as people pay up game companies will do as they please. pirates are not wrong when companies continue to disrespect their clients.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I would say, "lets hope this DLC doesn't take as long as the game did", but I honestly don't care.

Not only do I refuse to buy DLC on principle (I used to get it all for free or included in the retail, why pay for it now?), but the demo was terrible. This brainless action and humor worked in the 90s... not so much in 2011.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I think this is a poor move a very poor one. Whether you like the game or not there is no question that the game has gotten very bad reviews.

Metacritic gives it a average of 54 and the average gamer seems to agree with a score of 6.0 http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/duke-nukem-forever

The DLC sales are going to be poor and even worse is going to split the community that actually plays it online up. That is not what a game needs when its already thought off by the majority to be so poor.

What they should have done in my opinion is made the DLC free and on the DLC release day do a price slash on DNF to try to get a few more sales. Get popular game reviewers to play the new modes early and hope they give it a good review while also telling them that there will be a price drop that way they mention it in the review and hopefully say the game is worth X amount especially because of the new free content.

But that is just my opinion.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]cyb34[/nom]Was fun back then but cmon... same gameplay and jokes are lame today.[/citation]

play the old games, and tell me they arent fun now.

i HOPE serious sam 3 is more like first and second encounter, LOVED those games and still play them

leper84

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
Buying DLC is supporting lazy developers. Im personally sick of games with 4 hour campaign modes charging 33% of the original purchase price for gimmicky junk that should have been included into the game to begin with. I only wish people would boycott this stuff so we get games as complete and thought out as say half life, instead of stuff like crysis 2 or cod where half the people dont even know there is a sp campaign and buy any DLC they're offered like a bunch of zombies only cause they dont realize how much theyve been cheated in the first place.

G

"Give him a minigun and he’ll beat off all comers."

Duke don't beat off nobody!!!

[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]I would say, "lets hope this DLC doesn't take as long as the game did", but I honestly don't care.Not only do I refuse to buy DLC on principle (I used to get it all for free or included in the retail, why pay for it now?), but the demo was terrible. This brainless action and humor worked in the 90s... not so much in 2011.[/citation]

and then he goes back to playing call of duty black ops cursing kids on team speak :)

[citation][nom]Benihana[/nom]Where's the DLC where Duke sucks dick? Oh wait. That was the base game...[/citation]

you must have been really disappointed when you found out he didn't do that in the game and continued to search the Internet find a game that does that. hey I'm not judging whatever floats you're boat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.