Duke Nukem Forever MP Screens, Maybe iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Well, give it a try and let us know if it works with WindowsME.

The screen shots... looks like UE2.5 technology. UE3 tech is already getting old.

So I guess, they finished up what was put together... DNF can run on low-end computers with older tech.

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
[citation][nom]windowsmelover[/nom]Does anyone know if this will work on a Windows Me system?[/citation]

This game looks it could run on Windows 3.1.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]windowsmelover[/nom]Does anyone know if this will work on a Windows Me system?[/citation]

bwahaha... what a horrible Os...

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Windows ME is one of the few OS's out there that you could do a clean install with, on a Virtual Machine, and it will crash on the first or sometimes second boot up. /fail....

excidium

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Its unfortunate that so many people buy a game because "it looks nice" or is using the latest in engine technology. There are lots of "nice looking" games that had initial screenshots were everyone said "This game looks awesome! Its going to kicka$$, I cant wait!", then it gets released and the gameplay is crap and it gets no following. Im not saying that DNF is gonna be the best game evar!, but to judge a game by its graphics is to judge a book by its cover.

Also, when you play a fast-paced, fun-to-play, FPS... you arent concentrating on how the light bounces off of the glass, or how soft a shadow is... you are worried about that rocket flying at your face.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I agree with the others, graphics arn't everything. But I would warn people not to have high hopes in terms of gameplay either. Don't let the hype get to you if you do you're more then likly to be let down.

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Who cares about the graphics, the LOOK playable, and if the game has excellent game play, it's a winner. And who is calling CS2 "stupid" it's old, but not stupid, you sir are a nOOb lol.

kokin

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Just like how many people (including myself) still play TF2 because of the great gameplay/class balance. Pushing for better graphics doesn't hurt though, but the gameplay is what determines who will keep playing it.

Of course is doesn't nothing actually WORKS on Windows ME. Seriously though.. I'm assuming you're joking. If not, then upgrade to Windows XP and experience a computer that actually works the way it should.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]this looks like Unreal Engine 3 because it appears to have bump-mapping which i think the previous engine didn't have.[/citation]

Its UE2.5 (2006 technology) that has been enhanced by the developer. Its easily NOT a UE3 class game. Circles are a big sign of the limitations. Even by todays standards, UE3 is starting to look dated.

Still, that doesn't matter all that much. Gameplay matters. I still play UT2004, which is ALMOST 10 years old. Theres less people playing UT3 (came out in 2008) because the fracked up game-play with badly designed maps (that look great), so few maps, removal of functions that were in UT2004.

I hope DNF does well. Any good game should do well.

moonwave

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Love after mac users are told about having to wait for great software, or do without, they stand by their over priced, over rated, and slow machines. Then when something like duke nukem forever comes out, they sit there panting and hoping in desperation for a glimmer of hope that it just might be released on mac. What a bunch of annoying idiots! They some of them start begging. They made a choice. They should just do their bootcamp or whatever and that should be that. Not expect after they boast, to have a great game like DNF just handed to them on an obscure platform. They should go and enjoy it for what they bought it for. Playing farmsville, a smaller selection of games that are usually older, and editing videos (even though they could have done that just as well under windows 7 and faster if they shopped for the right system, and for less)...

Status
Not open for further replies.