Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer Details Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]ScoobyJooby-Jew[/nom]Not another experience points/level up shooter. Just give everyone the same stuff starting out.[/citation]

If your score isn't held on some Duke Server, you can probably just modify a config file locally and max out your lvl. However, I think Duke is 10 steps ahead of that idea.

dib

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
[citation][nom]ScoobyJooby-Jew[/nom]Not another experience points/level up shooter. Just give everyone the same stuff starting out.[/citation]

I agree. I don't want to get experience points for things and I don't want a game that I have to pay to get new maps. If it is not an open platform for us to create our own maps then I don't want it.

StuMan

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
I agree also, had enough of the longer you play the more stuff you unlock. that isn't how FPS's should work.

G

Hell yes for XP. Thats the only way anything should be played. Look at Nike, they are bringing XP even to your every day things :). Achievements/XP are the best way to extend your game enjoyment. And if duke is as oldschool as it should be, then xp is a very welcome thing to keep you entertained for longer periods of time.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]vittau[/nom]Capture the Babe, huh? Jack Thompson in 3, 2, 1...[/citation]

I completely forgot about that guy until you mentioned him. Even simply mentioning name gives him free publicity. So don't do it and watch him fade further into la-la land.

I might have to buy this game now...

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I think this game will be a success just because its more or less a throwback to the old days, since that's how long its been "developed". Bad Company 2 might be fun, but I'll buy this game for the fact that I'll (hopefully) be able to jump on a few minutes at a time. That's why Counterstrike pre-Source is still so popular.

sticks435

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2008
I think the people complaining about the xp system don't really understand how it works. I believe it's like Halo Reach, it's all cosmetic upgrades. Your not unlocking weapons or anything like COD.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
The XP thing isn't really a big deal. If you play the game for any length of time you're going to get all of the unlocks eventually anyways.

As for paying for maps, I don't mind paying for map packs, but I want the ability to play user created maps as well.

dib

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]The XP thing isn't really a big deal. If you play the game for any length of time you're going to get all of the unlocks eventually anyways.As for paying for maps, I don't mind paying for map packs, but I want the ability to play user created maps as well.[/citation]

You may not mind paying for map packs but if you look at UT3 you'll see a few map pack which are all free. The fact that you don't mind paying is saying something about your age and mine. Soon it will be expected to just have to pay for everything. Some how I doubt they will allow us to create maps if they are going to try to make money off of selling them. That seems to be a conflict of interest.

As far as experience points (EP not XP by they way) It's still BS. Its like unlocking different paint jobs for the car or different characters. Otherwise, don't you look like everyone else ? I don't have time to play 24x7 to unlock maps and characters. I also like the bots in UT3 so that the map is full and anyone can jump in to replace a bot. I hope they have bots but I bet since games are trying to be more console friendly, they won't have bots. Also saw how microshaft wants to charge for things like weapons and stuff. I just see games being more $$ and less fun.

G

I Just wish it have not been first programmed for console and then ported on pc. Duke Nukem is a PC's game it ain't a damned and lazy console's game with auto aiming and poor performance on pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.