Duke Nukem Shows Up, on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
"those of us waiting for the game for over a decade"

I think that sums it up... Duke is not comming back.

On a side note... Why has toms been loading so damn slow lately (2 weeks?)
Seriously, i have tried different browsers, different PC's and different service providers (home and work).

WTF is wrong with this site? ITS SO SLOW IM GOING TO QUIT COMMING HERE!!!

Greg_77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Boy, if that game comes out it better be the best one ever made or someone will have to explain what they did over the past twelve years...

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]"those of us waiting for the game for over a decade"I think that sums it up... Duke is not comming back.On a side note... Why has toms been loading so damn slow lately (2 weeks?) Seriously, i have tried different browsers, different PC's and different service providers (home and work). WTF is wrong with this site? ITS SO SLOW IM GOING TO QUIT COMMING HERE!!![/citation]

I'm guessing one of two things. Your computer is loaded with spyware or your internet connection sucks.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Anyone remember Prey?

It started development (as some rough concepts) back in 1995, and wasn't released until November 2006! But, was a success in the end, selling over a million copies.

Prey was a decent FPS, but nothing amazing. I'm glad the game was made, since I'm not sure Portal would have came out if it wasn't for some slight Prey influence, and it didn't really do anything amazing on the tech side, just using iD Tech4 as its engine, but whatever... Prey eventually was released as a pretty polished finished product, that was fun and sold copies.

With something like a Duke Nukem game, I'm not sure how they could screw it up to the point where it wouldn't sell copies. It just seems like the developers have lost direction and don't know how their going to tie things into a finished product. When they eventually do, I actually have confidence it will be a decent and fun product, that will make a lot of money.

I just don't expect anything for a while on this one. If I had to guess, I'd say 4 years (yes, I pulled that out of my bottom)... but, never seems unlikely with so much potential for profit on this IP.

p00dl3_h3r0

Distinguished
May 13, 2005
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]...I'm not sure how they could screw it up to the point where it wouldn't sell copies. [/citation]

Apparently all it takes is launching a game that forces everyone to play multiplayer through a crappy internet connection while taking away their LAN capability.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]spongebob[/nom]After a decade of waiting, I'm almost hoping it doesn't ever come out. It would be the death of an epic vaporware legend.[/citation]
Total disagreement.

All criticisms aside I would fake illness with my employer or schedule vacation days at the mere mention of its release.

chainreaction

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
[citation][nom]p00dl3_h3r0[/nom]Apparently all it takes is launching a game that forces everyone to play multiplayer through a crappy internet connection while taking away their LAN capability.[/citation]

I wish every one would boycott blizzard and activision because of that descision. Plus LAN is the sole reason for starcraft. Its like basket ball with out a ball. It just doesn't work.

chainreaction

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
They should mention a release date on the first of April 2010.... Then let every one know the whole game was just a joke on the 2nd of april.

nirvanabah

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]chainreaction[/nom]I wish every one would boycott blizzard and activision because of that descision. Plus LAN is the sole reason for starcraft. Its like basket ball with out a ball. It just doesn't work.[/citation]

Fail. B.Net > LAN anyday. Dunno why you wouldn't want to face a wider range of people/competition.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
3d realms had good intentions with the "when its done" release date. I think they were shooting for the best game ever bar, however, they were completely naive to think that other developers were sitting on their thumbs and creating crap. Also they couldn't have imagined that consoles would actually deliver comparable graphics to pc's. This continually increased the bar that they could never reach. Every business or team has to set goals to succeed, those goals need to have time frames, especially in a commercial business. I remeber when the quake 2 engine images came out, had they completed a quality game within about 9 months of when those images first surfaced, they could probably have pleased the fans and got a good return on their investment.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]I'm guessing one of two things. Your computer is loaded with spyware or your internet connection sucks.[/citation]
HMMM, you must not have read what i wrote...

""i have tried different browsers, different PC's and different service providers (home and work). ""

To be more specific... on XP, Vista and 7. Firefox, IE8 and 7... Work Ethernet, and my home internet. Actually, now that i think about it, its slow as hell on my Iphone too.

Furthermore, I’ve been a computer tech for some 10 years… I’m not computer illiterate, thx.

v-man

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
[citation][nom]asdf634[/nom]fulle, just so you know Prey was made with the Doom 3 engine...[/citation]
FYI - ID4 = Doom 3 engine...

Ridik876

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]Duke Nukem is the Paris Hilton of video games: if we ignore them, they'll go away.[/citation]

Hahahahahahahah!

chainreaction

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
[citation][nom]nirvanabah[/nom]Fail. B.Net > LAN anyday. Dunno why you wouldn't want to face a wider range of people/competition.[/citation]

Because some of exist in the real world and would prefer to play againest real people in the same room. Its much more enjoyable when you can see the face of the other person as a couple of lurkers take out their probes :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS