[SOLVED] Dumb question but how do I work an RGB fan remote control?

Sean16

Reputable
Feb 24, 2020
I recently had new fans installed because my old ones were dying but don't have the instructions as I wasn't the one who put the fans in.

I've figured out what most of the buttons do but it's the speed of my fans that are most concerning to me, the case fans are making a loud purring noise and if I lower the speed using the "Fan -" button, they start chugging. The "Speed -" and "Speed +" don't seem to do much.

Am I pushing them too hard?

I can't really find anything online.

Help.

Solution
The fan speed button is almost always designed to control analog fans, 3pin voltage controlled DC fans. It's usually a low/med/high setting which generally corresponds to 7v/9v/12v.

Most ARGB fans are pwm, digital not analog, and require a constant 12v and are controlled digitally by changing the pulse rate on the 4th wire.

If you have pwm fans trying to be controlled by DC switch, you'll get funky results.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The fan speed button is almost always designed to control analog fans, 3pin voltage controlled DC fans. It's usually a low/med/high setting which generally corresponds to 7v/9v/12v.

Most ARGB fans are pwm, digital not analog, and require a constant 12v and are controlled digitally by changing the pulse rate on the 4th wire.

If you have pwm fans trying to be controlled by DC switch, you'll get funky results.

Reactions: Sean16
Solution

TRENDING THREADS