Dungeon Siege III Announced, Screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Is there any way you guys could update the way pictures are being displayed? It would be nice if the whole page didn't update because of clicking next picture. Why not use some Java to tidy things up abit? We've been asking for a long time now :) Thanks.

Ridik876

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
My old LAN buddies and I loved DSI and were excited to hear of a DSII. And then the release date got pushed back...4 times. I'm guessing Q1 2013 on this one.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Obsidian? Really? They're the King of Being-Handed-Sequels. Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout 3: New Vegas... So far their games aren't BAD, but they always have issues (so far) and just usually throw a random spin into it.

However, Square Enix is really pushing quality lately, so maybe they can whip them into line. It will be interesting to see.

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
As long as it isnt as linear as DS1 was, will give it a shot. You literally were led from from beginning to end, and could walk back, from beginning to end.

viciousteletuby28

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
They already have at least one hyped fan already - me!
Just one thing worries me though: how much innovation will there be if the best 'new' feature was in all the previous games?
To quote the article, "...new elements will be incorporated such as a co-op mode and support for up to four players."

deividast

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
I want one now.... i can't even express how much fun i had with first to parts of this game... i hope they won't mess anything up and will make as good as previous ones, maybe even better.....

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
DS2 was a work of art. It was one of the most thoroughly enjoyable RPG experiences of my life. It still shines out to me as having some of the best missions ever. Never boring - Just tricky enough - Beautiful graphics. I would not say that the DS series was stagnant. I would say that the new team have a lot to live up to and better not mess it up.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Lunarion[/nom]Silly Microsoft, you can't compete with Blizzard[/citation]
First of all, Blizzard's RPG is an MMO, so not really in the same category. Second, with Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights and Fallout: New Vegas as a pedigree, I think Obsidian is more than capable of putting out a very good RPG.

edwilson

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
ok, gonna go dig up and replay the old ones again, is itgonna be dx11 i hope? can't wait! been so long since ehb, was feelin kinda home sick. wiil it use all 4 cores of my quad? , now i have a reason to order a new video card finally woo hoo

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Toms,

As posted above, would it be possible for you all to convert your image galleries over to something like "Lightbox/2"?

It would go a long way in not having to refresh the page everytime and it's most likely less work than you're doing now.

CSA_Myth

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
After what Interplay did to Black Isle Studios aka Obsidian it has to be Karma - I am glad that Obsidian is getting a second chance from the industry. After watching great developers just disappear left and right, (Origin, Bullfrog, Looking Glass, etc…) I am happy that one seems to be resurrected and given a chance to get back to where it was.

NWN2 was epic and Mask of the Betrayer was phenomenal, KOTOR 2 was good but it would have been great if Lucas Arts didn't "force" it out the door early. I am sure Fallout 3: New Vegas is going to be solid, seeing many of the developers there made Fallout 1 and 2 in the first place. I have not played Alpha Protocol yet so I can't judge it, but with the minds behind all the above mentioned games, the Icewind Dale series and Planetscape Torment, I am feeling pretty good about what they can do with DS3.

Dungeon Siege 1 was a good game but what a disappointment when i finished it in less than 5 hours and the mage best spell is the first one that you get at the beginning.

i probably missed stuff and such but still..

Haven't played the second because of that.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Sweet, Obsidian has a good track record too, really looking forward to New Vegas. Maybe they should give Duke Nukem to Obsidian too.

G

DS1 was one of the best PC games available, with beautiful scnenery (even today, I'll argue) and great gameplay. DS2 was also very good, if not better, but the Broken World expansion sucked. News of DS3 is music to my ears, though the fact that Obsidian is developing it puts a few scratches on the record (or corruption in the MP3 file, if you will, lol.) NWN2 is so buggy and slow, and the storyline, gameplay, and map design are sub-par compared to NWN1. That SE is publishing it is rather surprising, and I hope they can insure a good game with little or no DRM.

Lunarion

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
[citation][nom]jellico[/nom]First of all, Blizzard's RPG is an MMO, so not really in the same category. Second, with Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights and Fallout: New Vegas as a pedigree, I think Obsidian is more than capable of putting out a very good RPG.[/citation]

I was talking about Diablo 3 coming out not WoW.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Lunarion[/nom]I was talking about Diablo 3 coming out not WoW.[/citation]
I wondered if you were referring to D3, but since it isn't out yet, where's the competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.