DVD Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjhanson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Installed two Pioneer DVD-R Pata 22x DVR-118L drives. Music plays fine in both but when I put in Jericho game disk, computer shuts down. Thanks for any help

Solution
If the Pata is PATA (parallel ATA) that's IDE. You have 2 IDE devices per channel (connection on the motherboard, and the cable has 2 connectors on it). If they are set up on the same connector, 1 has to be set as slave, the other as master, via jumpers on the drive.

If that's done correctly, then I would pull one, see if one works by itself, then reverse the process. If it works correctly with single drives, and not with dual drives (with jumpers set correctly) then you have at least isolated the problem, could be something to work with the vendor on.

wjhanson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

Sorry, I don't know what the channel is,,, Regular music CDs and other DVDs will play. I called Pioneer and they said shouldn't be the DVD hardware but a conflict with the software installed. They recommended I review the task manager in both safe and regular mode.....urgh...Thanks

wjhanson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010

They are Pioneer DVD-R Pata 22x Drives. Haven't taken one out yet to see if the other will work, should we?

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
If the Pata is PATA (parallel ATA) that's IDE. You have 2 IDE devices per channel (connection on the motherboard, and the cable has 2 connectors on it). If they are set up on the same connector, 1 has to be set as slave, the other as master, via jumpers on the drive.

If that's done correctly, then I would pull one, see if one works by itself, then reverse the process. If it works correctly with single drives, and not with dual drives (with jumpers set correctly) then you have at least isolated the problem, could be something to work with the vendor on.

Solution

wjhanson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
Thanks for that. I found a "fix" in the Roxio Creator helpdesk. When I downloaded their driver fix, programs works now and both DVD drives are recognized. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.