mpjesse

Splendid
Does anyone have a DVD-RAM? I'm thinking of purchasing one for massive storage purposes. I've never seen a review or article on one. I've never even seen one in operation.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Nope. They're out there. But you'll strain at least one sphincter (if not 3 or 4) when you see what they cost......

And to top it off, you can't 'play' them in a dvd player on the tv.

mpjesse

Splendid
Same thing- but it's more commonly refered to as DVD-RAM. DVD-RAM is different from DVD-R/RW in that it can quickly write to a DVD without having to go through the whole burning process seen in CD-Rs. It's fast and doesn't require any special software, you can write to the DVD-RAM from Windows Explorer. DVD-RAM is also very inexpensive (compared to DVD-R/RW). You can get the kits for as low as $220.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

G

The problem is, disks written on a DVD-RAM can only be read on a DVD-RAM, sometimes only the same model. Wait for DVD+RW, that will be the most compatible DVD writing option. Unless you only plan to use it for system backups.

mpjesse

Splendid
I'm not using it to distribute media- so compatibility isn't an issue. I work with large amounts of data and I have 3 networked machines. So, I guess DVD-RAM is a good idea for me.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

TRENDING THREADS