dvd troubles

G

Hi all,
My dvd player suddenly stopped working...well, it will work for the first half of a dvd and then it stops and goes to the menu. I've tried several different dvd's.

I'm using a software player(Ravisent Cinemaster2000) and dvd genie. It's worked fine in the past. Once the problems started, I downloaded windvd. Windvd won't even play any dvd's. It will load but not play. It will play the indivual files of the dvd, however. Any suggestions? Firmware upgrade? Reinstall windows2000? I'm lost.

My system specs are: pioneer 105s(2nd ide,master);plextor12x10x32a(2nd ide, slave), 3dfx voodoo3 2000pci(I know..),soundblaster 5.1 mp3,d-link nic, floppy, and 30gig ibm deskstar(ide 1, master), abit kt7, 800tb, water-cooled.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I want to watch my dvd's!!

http://www.coperam.com

G

C'mon people. Someone somewhere must have the answer?? Any takers? I dare ya. Any other place I should try for help. I've checked several places like dvd digest and pioneer. Any ideas, please??

thanks

jvanber

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
I'd try a firmware update first, and then see if you have any problems. It definitely sounds like an issue with the drive itself.

Joshua

G

Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. In my case, I downloaded the new 4in1 4.28 via drivers and they listed my plextor and pioneer drives as scsi. I downloaded the individual drivers and used the idetool folder to allow dma transfer. Now, I can go back to watching my dvd's....ha!!

Thanks again,
coperam

TRENDING THREADS