DVI Connection Adapters

Solution
i linked both, dvi i to d, and dvi d to i

is just a connector limitation, please share with us the two devices you need to connect

also if you need male or female dvid or dvii or what, it sounds like you need a dvi to vga adapter and all will be ok

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED

There's no need.

DVI-I is simply a combination of DVI-A and DVI-D in the same mechanical interface.

The sole purpose of Dual-Link DVI-I is to permit a single female connector on a GPU to be pulled out to the following display interfaces:

Single-Link DVI-D
Dual-Link DVI-D
DVI-A
VGA has the same electrical interface as DVI-A, only a change in mechanical connector is necessary
HDMI 1.x has the same electrical interface as Single-Link DVI-D so only a change in mechanical connector is necessary (although advanced HDMI specific features still need to be supported on both ends, HDMI devices are required to support DVI-D signalling)

DVI-I cables exist as some displays support both digital and analogue inputs and displays may have discrete EDIDs for each. When DVI-I is used as an input, it is up to the display to select the preferred input method (usually DVI-D).

However, DVI-I to anything adaptors would be pointless as either the analogue or digital signals would be rendered redundant. For example, a DVI-I to DVI-D adapter would have analogue signal pins on the DVI-I side that simply go nowhere because they are not present on the DVI-D side. This would create nothing more than a DVI-D cable which cannot be inserted into a DVI-D only port because it has pointless analogue pins on one side.

jshhndsd

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016

Thanks. Unfortunately it's from DVI-I to DVI-D. I was hoping for the opposite which i don't think is possible.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i linked both, dvi i to d, and dvi d to i

is just a connector limitation, please share with us the two devices you need to connect

also if you need male or female dvid or dvii or what, it sounds like you need a dvi to vga adapter and all will be ok

Solution

TRENDING THREADS