DVI & HDMI & VGA

cheer86

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
hi all...just a bit confused now
which adapter should i use to connect my GC to my pc lcd screen Acer H233H. Either (HDMI and DVI) or (HDMI and VGA) or (DVI and VGA).
i want for better resolution...thanks

Irish

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
You only need one, my preferred method is with the dvi cable. If you are using a HD tv you can use the HDMI but you will need to hook up the internal audio in the computer. That is if the card you purchased is audio enabled.

Either way VGA is the lowest you can go for that connection

Irish

Irish

Distinguished
May 31, 2009

Wait, why are you using both, you only need 1, The Dvi.

Are you hooking up 2 montiors?

cheer86

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
@gamerk

umm my Lcd screen got speaker...so should i used HDMi?

@Irish

not for dual monitors
coz at my Gpu got dual link DVI support..and my Lcd got Dvi,HDMI and Vga support.

...Makes a bit more sense now

Dual-link DVI does NOT mean you need to plug both DVI sockets into the moniter; that seems to be the cause for confusion.

As for your moniter: If you want (and have supported hardware), you can connect your GPU to your moniter using a DVI -> HDMI converter, and you can transmit your audio to your speakers on your moniter over the connection. Otherwise, a standard DVI connection will be fine.

meodowla

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
"DVI-I" stands for "DVI-Integrated" and supports both digital and analog transfers, so it works with both digital and analog Visual Display Units. "DVI-D" stands for "DVI-Digital" and supports digital transfers only.

Both of which are diffrent from Dual DVI:

181px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png