[SOLVED] Dvi interface

casual_gamer47

Prominent
Apr 12, 2018
So I recently bought an used rx 570(after confirming it is in working condition) and tried to connect it to my monitor using dvi cable but I got the message 'cable not connected'. Assuming the cable being dead as it was lying for 7-8years unused,I bought a vga to dvi converter but I still get the same result that is the cable is not connected. Anything else can I try before I send the card for rma?

Solution
You sure you bought a DVI-to-VGA converter (ie an active adapter which converts the signal) and not simply a port adapter (they don't convert the signal, only the port)?

Also, some 570 cards need additional power direct from the PSU via 6-pin or 8-pin PCIe cable --- you've checked this?

casual_gamer47

Prominent
Apr 12, 2018
You sure you bought a DVI-to-VGA converter (ie an active adapter which converts the signal) and not simply a port adapter (they don't convert the signal, only the port)?

Also, some 570 cards need additional power direct from the PSU via 6-pin or 8-pin PCIe cable --- you've checked this?

I have a corsair vs450 (I have a low end pc so this power supply is enough for now) which has 2 8pin pcie connectors and regarding the adapter maybe most probably it's a port adapter because most of the owners of hardware stores here don't know the difference between active and passive adapters.

casual_gamer47

Prominent
Apr 12, 2018
So are you going to try an active adapter? (buy online so you can read full desciption if local stores are dumb).

You say your PSU has the necessary PCIe power cables, but you didn't confirm that you've actually connected them.

Yeah I have connected the 6pin connector to the gpu and I guess I will rma the card and keep it safe until I buy myself a monitor as the current one is too old.