DVI No Signal - Asus vg248qe + GTX 970

ripdvimonitor

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
I have a fairly strange display issue that has me completely lost.

I've been using DVI for my Asus vg248qe + GTX 970 for about a year and a few months with no issue, all of a sudden one day I got a "DVI No Signal" error. I tried HDMI and it still works fine. I thought it might be the DVI cable so I bought one from a local store and one online and both of them had the same issue.

I than tried connecting my old PC to the Asus and got the same error. I also tried connecting my main PC to my secondary Acer monitor via DVI and it works fine. At that point, I figured it was probably something with the port on the Asus monitor itself. I called Asus and sent the monitor for repair, apparently they couldn't fix it because they sent me a brand new monitor back.

I just unbox'd the new monitor and low and behold same exact "DVI no Signal" error. I tried both PC's and multiple cables..none work.

At this point I have no clue if its monitor issue or PC issue or what it could be. I've searched all over the internet and this forum and tried everything with no resolution.

Edit: When I plug the DVI cable in, I can hear the sound of windows recognizing the connection. When I have both the HDMi + DVI cables plugged in I can see that the computer shows both under the Screen Resolution, so essentially the computer isn't displaying anything for some reason

Solution

Sometimes happens to be manfufacturer's producting problem (example= every single monitor has dvi port issuees) , but its likely impossible for that in your case . did you try to use link's #2 solution? i cant...
if you look / google it around you may see that was a thing with a lot of 900 series .. knock on wood so far so good still for my 900 card and using dvi-I port

seemed gigabyte cards had the most

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/779580/gigabyte-gtx-970-g1-gaming-and-dvi-d-port/

ripdvimonitor

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

yea, the strange part is I can connect my PC to 2 other monitors (one acer and one hp) via DVI without error

yea it just seems like the odds would be crazy low that a brand new monitor they sent me has the same DVI only issue?

nith95

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

Sometimes happens to be manfufacturer's producting problem (example= every single monitor has dvi port issuees) , but its likely impossible for that in your case . did you try to use link's #2 solution? i cant think anything far from that

Solution

ripdvimonitor

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

yea, but this has been working fine for a year + so I"m not sure why changing anything in the BIOS would have an affect

nith95

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

Nothing to lose though , also did you try to update your graphics card drivers?

TRENDING THREADS