dwm.exe is it a virus?

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
I saw in one cite that this thing is a virus but when i end the process of it there is no effect sometimes there is its strange in that cite they say this is a confusing virus what should i do? sometimes i run a4 perfectly (for my system) but sometimes it have lag and from today it shows black screen do i need to reinstall the win or? Also the win defender doesn't say that i have a virus.

supasieu

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
dwm.exe is the desktop window manager, service that give you the transparency windows and taskbar. It is MS service so it is safe, you can enable/disable it via Windows service console. To bring up the Services console, hold down Windows key + R and type in the Run box services.msc, this will bring up the Services console, locate Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and right-click to disable/stop/start.
Some advertising site MS services as virus intend to get user to click-buy their software (which is virus/adware).

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

Yes but i have two dwm.exe when i end the process of the one the other starts when i end his process then everythings is okay also why when i disable it the lag in ac4 stops? And this program is eating to much of the memory

supasieu

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014

How much of CPU/Memory are the services taking? 100MB are normal.
How much total of RAM you have on your system?
What Windows theme are you using?
The service can be affected by graphic drivers. Also, check with your start-up items.

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

8 ram 1600mhz kingston its taking 13 854k idk what is this but when i end the process of this the second use 11 984k. About the theme if you are talking about the win its win 7 professional or if its the desktop wallper its that one https://www.google.bg/search?q=ac4+edward&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=94FWU56ZPIr8ywPqi4C4Cw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=799#q=assassin's+creed+4+wallpaper&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=b1cHErat1cQKLM%253A%3BV4T_KVW10fwt5M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.hdwpapers.com%252Fwalls%252Fassassins_creed_iv_black_flag_wallpaper_5-HD.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.hdwpapers.com%252Fassassins_creed_iv_black_flag_wallpaper_5-wallpapers.html%3B1920%3B1080

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

I used everything exsept ccleaner thanks for remiding me! I will write here when its done.

Edit:Did it so now should i delete the script from the ccleaner or i must save it?

USAFRet

Titan

Anything that demands you to buy it will 1) not work, 2) simply make your wallet lighter, 3) Make things worse, or 4) some combination of the above

CCleaner.
Malwarebytes.
Whatever antivirus you currently use.

For those 'a bunch of programs'...uninstall them.

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

Am afraid i didn't understood you so i need to uninstall the mawbytes and ccleaner?

USAFRet

Titan

Sorry.
No. Those ones you want to keep. The other ones that talk about 'boost' etc....those get rid of.

Denis Stoikovski

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

I did along time ago i just mention them :D so its strange i just ended the dwm.exe processe and the win7 vissiual turned off then i was scroling in face book and just enable itself but the dwm.exe didn't show in procceses :D then i ended some svchost exe then the vissiual went to disable again im so confused right now..