DXGI Error - Device Hung - Unfixable?

Hellcat711

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014
Hi there,

When I installed my GTX 1050 Ti, all was well and I lived happily for a while. High fps and buttery smooth gaming for all. Then I did a fresh install of windows, keeping programs,files and settings.

After that point I have been getting infrequent crashes in games along the lines of DXGI error - device hung. In some games the screen simply freezes and the game continues, I can still interact and pause/unpause but the screen is frozen.

These occurences are more common after computer has gone to sleep or been on for a little while, a restart will usually keep these at bay but that is not a fix, not acceptable. -Edit- Also worth mentioning that in 90% of cases I can play for a few minutes before the crash, very rarely does it happen immediately.

What I have done about it: used DDU to completely wipe drivers and reinstalled, I have rolled back the drivers to a happier time, no difference. I have removed the gpu itself, cleaned it off and replaced it. To me it appears to be firmly placed in its socket, although there is a little dust, (I am looking for compressed air) although the fact that this started after a software change indicates it's not the hardware at fault.

What else am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hellcat711

Honorable
Dec 16, 2014

Ryzen 3 1200
GTX 1050 Ti
AB350 Gaming mobo
16gb DDR4
Corsair 550M (used to use a CX430 with no issues - same system)
Windows 10 64 bit

AC Unity as testing game
CPU usage 86% at 3.02 Ghz at 30 degrees
GPU usage 3d at 90-100% Dedicated gpu memory at 2.5-3gb at 50 degrees.

After a longer sessio of say Arma 3 or siege or some such the gpu sist at about 60 degrees

Also, with my earlier point, I'm now playing unity with no trouble whatsoever. But, if I come back in an hour, put pc to sleep once or twice and try again it will crash, I guarantee