Question Dying AIO or CPU 😧

VictoryAudio

Reputable
Oct 29, 2020
My machine has been randomly turning off while under load. (Gaming or using video editing & audio softwares) I put it down to thermals and my aio needing refilled, (pure loop 360mm) which I did. But since then the computer will crash far more frequently.

The system is so unstable I can't even get logged in to have the chance to monitor the thermals or troubleshoot before it turns off, which it will also do in BIOS

It's only a 3 year old aio, I wonder if anybody has had a similar experience and was able to revive theirs without major surgery, cos at that stage I'd just replace it!

All of the fans are turning, the pump led is on too and the radiator hasn't leaked so I'm confused as to why the performance is so bad now☹

Thanks!

3950x
Asrock taichi x570
3060ti
32gb ddr4 3600
Pure loop 1, 360mm Aio

Lutfij

Titan
If you think your AIO's having an issue cooling your processor, might want to revert to an air cooler and see if that alleviates the issue. If you think it's the CPU, source(borrow, not buy) another processor that your motherboard will accept and then see if the issue is averted.

What BIOS version are you on? You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. What were you working prior to the RTX3060Ti?

Reactions: VictoryAudio
system is so unstable I can't even get logged in to have the chance to monitor the thermals
I put it down to thermals and my aio needing refilled, (pure loop 360mm) which I did
make sure the cooler is still installed properly.
if it isn't still making a firm contact then it could just need to be reattached.

there's still a chance you are suffering from a completely different issue though.
include your complete system specs with make & model of ALL components.

VictoryAudio

Reputable
Oct 29, 2020
Hey folks thanks for your replies!

As advised I borrowed a cooler from a pal after testing with my dodgey cooler some more, and now the machine isn't turning off anywhere bear as much anymore, before it was within seconds or a few mins now it will stay on for a few hours of use and has only turned off twice

I fear my mobo is maybe to blame as one of my m.2s are now randomly unmounting.. I tried swapping the nvme drives around and the unmounting persists.

Also my left monitor (audio playback)
Is making a low volume, dial up like beeping tone while im using the system. Weird shit 🤔

Thought it was maybe an audio interface driver issue but these are all up to date.
The beeping happens while the machine is even powered off.

When it rains it snows eh, fookin fix one thing and another issue presents 😂

System specs as requested

Asrock Taichi x570 AM4 Mobo
MSI Nvidia 3060ti
AMD 3950x
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengence AMD tuned 3600mhz 1.35V Ram

Seasonic Gold Rated 650Watt PSU
Be quiet Pure loop 360mm AIO
4 x BeQuiet Case fans
BeQuiet Tower

2 x 2tb Samsung 990 NVME SSD
1x 4TB Samsung 980 Sata SSD

Newest Asrock x570 Bios

Appreciate all of your time and insight folks!

TRENDING THREADS