Question E: Drive is messed up

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snookk

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017
i tried to intsall some stuff into my E: drive but it wouldn't work
it kept on asking me to get perms from admin but i can't givemyself perms on that drive for some reason but i can give myself perms on my C: Drive
i deleted some temp files earlier i hope that isnt the reason for this and also my Recycle bin is corrupted and i need admin powers on E: disk to fix it
please help lol

Snookk

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017

USAFRet

Titan
Have you just tried copying some or all of those files to a different drive, with its own permission model?
Do the screwed up permissions follow the files, or is it properties of the folder or drive?

If you've not tried this, why not?

Snookk

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017
Have you just tried copying some or all of those files to a different drive, with its own permission model?
Do the screwed up permissions follow the files, or is it properties of the folder or drive?

If you've not tried this, why not?
my desktop thingy is in my E: drive, i cant even create a new folder on my desktop neither can i delete neither can i move folders in or out of E drive

USAFRet

Titan
But...
Given that you've been messing with this for 3 weeks, and given all the original weirdness you did with permissions and deleting things..maybe its time to give it up.

Either recover from a full system backup you made before this happened.
Or a full wipe and reinstall.

Snookk

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017
But...
Given that you've been messing with this for 3 weeks, and given all the original weirdness you did with permissions and deleting things..maybe its time to give it up.

now i dont know how to do any of that, and once again can i add u on some social media so we can talk easily, i dont wanna mess this up cause i got so much stuff on my pc that i need

ill also post this same problem on a different site and see if i can find any help

Snookk

Commendable
Mar 21, 2017
But...

When i start my pc with safemode i can change stuff in my E drive, I can move stuff in and out update my games etc, But when i make myself get all the permissions on E drive on safe mode, when i restart my pc to normal mode i lose them :p So like I don't know if i should restart anymore or not cause i am able to do stuff on safemode, but Is it safe to do that command which resets ur recycle bin it went something like /s /q /e

Last edited:
If you had followed the advice given all the way back in April you wouldn't still be in this jackpot.

1. Back up your data.
  2. Wipe and format your drive.
  3. Reinstall Windows and ALL software.
  4. Restore your files from backup.

You'll never fix the mess you've caused by futzing around all this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.