Question e key not working on apex 5 keyboard

Jun 29, 2022
hi, i have an apex 5 keyboard the e key suddenly stopped working. but when I press the fn key it presses the e key and repeatedly presses the e key

Also when I do fn+f12 the keyboard brightness does not turn on. my keyboard is crazy does anyone know how to fix this

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What to do:

1)

Manually download the keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers or tools.

If that does not solve the problem then:

2)

Try the keyboard on another known working computer.

Try another known working keyboard on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the keyboard or stays with the computer.

Post accordingly.

Reactions: poyraz
Jun 29, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What to do:

1)

Manually download the keyboard drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers or tools.

If that does not solve the problem then:

2)

Try the keyboard on another known working computer.

Try another known working keyboard on your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the keyboard or stays with the computer.

Post accordingly.
I tried from 2 different computers, the problem is all the same.
keyboard driver is fully installed. but the e key is not pressed at all. just press fn key and hold e.

KyaraM

Admirable
Check if there are any keys stuck. I had a similar problem once, new keyboard, one key refused to work under certain circumstances. I would work after reconnectingthe keyboard, then stop again after a few seconds. Turned out one key on the num block was somehow stuck. Dislodged it, and the keyboard works perfectly fine ever since.

Definitely install the drivers, though. Or if you have them, try to uninstall and see if that helps. Had that case before, too.