Question E3276 usb modem

sunnytoday

Commendable
Sep 26, 2019
I have a Huawei E3276 modem which is strange compared to the many 3 g ones i had previously . For one it has a web page interface and not a regular one . Is this a problem , security wise ? The browser I use lists the page as "not secure" . Is there any other way to connect the device ( the 3g ones could connect without the interface ) ? The Huawei interface is terrible , I am really surprised a large company like Huawei would offer this . No phone book , no call facility

I have a Huawei E3276 modem which is strange compared to the many 3 g ones i had previously . For one it has a web page interface and not a regular one . Is this a problem , security wise ? The browser I use lists the page as "not secure" . Is there any other way to connect the device ( the 3g ones could connect without the interface ) ? The Huawei interface is terrible , I am really surprised a large company like Huawei would offer this . No phone book , no call facility
Most of new ones do have interface like "Web page" but it's in firmware, doesn't actually go to net.

Reactions: sunnytoday

sunnytoday

Commendable
Sep 26, 2019
I just tried to activate one of my 3 g /3.5 g modems and I found some weird discrepancies . The 3 g ones ( different manufacturers ) both refused to install the interfaces citing "feature transfer error" and "access is denied" . The 3.5 g loads , I am using it now and Real World usage is FASTER than the E3276 (4 g ) , more stable too but the speed as recorded by Ookla is 2.54 download . I only got the 4 g for a special youtube package , which i dont use atm .