E48-D0 Vizio TV not able to connect to anything

Aug 8, 2018
I have a newer Vizio TV that was working perfectly before that now only shows black screen, the landscape "screensaver"and, I can get it to display my XBone with some work.
It wont connect to WiFi or my phone to try and update and, here is the real kicker.
It displays firmware V0...
I have tried manually updating firmware via flash drive, hard reset wont even kick on even spent a bit chatting with Vizio tech support but, they just ran me through what I already tried besides a back door hard reset I didn't know about (which is the one that wont kick in.)
Anyone halp please?! Hate to see a display that is not even old go to the dumper because of an odd what seems to be software issue.

Solution
Sadly TVs are more or less disposable now. Aside from power problems, which a reasonably competent person with a soldering iron can take care of, they are basically non-serviceable.

Vizio should have service centers, though shipping and labor costs is usually what kills TV repairs. There are still local TV repair shops, but they've slowly been disappearing since the most common TVs are literally not worth repairing.
Aug 8, 2018

I will look into a warranty for sure but, I may keep digging for a fix.
Just makes no sense when it has not been in operation nor even moved since it last worked perfect.
It is hard to keep time frames right but I believe it was purchased late summer 2016 which leads me to think warranty is moot. :/

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Sadly TVs are more or less disposable now. Aside from power problems, which a reasonably competent person with a soldering iron can take care of, they are basically non-serviceable.

Vizio should have service centers, though shipping and labor costs is usually what kills TV repairs. There are still local TV repair shops, but they've slowly been disappearing since the most common TVs are literally not worth repairing.

Solution