halem111

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
My Mate says that EA games are good .....
i agree on the fact there the only ones thatcan bring us games like lord of the rings battle for middle earth and fifa

however i strongly disagree on the fact that there good....
this is because they buy out all the good brands then jus release the same game but with a cuple of extra features.
Also if it was an independant company like valve or id with the same game they wud do so much better than ea rather than less than an add on

can people please agree with my arguments and add more cus my mate aint havin ne of it

athlon 2500
512mb corsair xms 3200
radeon 9800np
80 gig hd

pauldh

Illustrious
I'm addicted to NFSU2 and happen to like many of their other games so I can't really join your EA Bashing Quest. But maybe head over to <A HREF="http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2005Jan/bga20050119028737.htm" target="_new">EA-Haters Anonymous</A>. :lol:

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>

riser

Illustrious
EA is good..

but the problem with your statement is this.. what is your level of good?

How can we judge something to your level of good without knowing what you're comparing it to? EA could suck compared to something.. but it could be awesome compared to an old nintendo..

EA is good though.. rarely have they put out a game that wasn't worthwhile..

I prefer their NHL titles though..

pauldh

Illustrious
I bought every one of their Sega Genesis NHL titles (what an idiot I was). But boy did we have some fierce competion with those games. Probably took years off my life the stress it caused.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>

riser

Illustrious
I played the one before they took fighting out.. and the one where they took fighting out.. loved them.. Ahh the good old days.

Games today just aren't as addicted as they used to be.. everything seems to much the same.. or they're trying to get too fancy.. take a good game, add better graphics, maybe a new thing or two and put it back out there at a reduced price..

clean_machine

Distinguished
May 11, 2005
i agree and disagree, LOTR Battle for middle earth was pretty bad, and i am growing reall tired of MoH series, and since i live in Australia, some of the cricket games have been quite insulting but NFSU 2, BF1942 i like. i am also lookin forward to BF 2 and Godfather. MoH is quite crap, i bought the AA + the expansions on PC and i have rising sun, very dissapointed. same old stuff, the MoH on ps1 were the best.

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
Games are just like Cars.
How many can you make before you run out of good design?

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with itchy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger

riser

Illustrious
BF1942 was good.. until you got all the people who did nothing but try to TK you or screw with you..
personally, I like games with FF enabled.. which creates a little more of a fun game because you just can't run and gun.. shoot at the enemy behind your teammate.. hitting him and the other guy.. human shield.. bah. But the game was fun.. I just got annoyed by the people playing the game.. I wish admins would enforce the games a little more.

riser

Illustrious
I want to make a Wild West game that's more realistic... maybe even something like the Planetside effect of things.. but not so boring.
Each side starts off without territory.. you have to find towns and start either the sherrif's department or a hide out.. but instead of just taking stuff over... you can open up saloons, weaponsmiths, businesses.. even start golding mining, etc. extensive stuff so people can be good, evil, or eventually turn to the businessman..

that or a nice old Asian game where you all start off as low man in the totem pole and have to work your way up to be the crime boss of factions.. have an NPC you need to kill and then you become the boss and hire people to work for you.. an actual game structure.. where you can put out your own rewards.. and you would earn money by protecting or holding select territory in towns/cities.. which you could then use to hire other PCs, build stores, bribes, etc.

The ultimate goal would be to create the largest underground organization.. but the people below you could turn against you and fight you to take control of your little crime world..
in which you'd have several crime worlds.. you could create more if needed..

but it's all about working your way up to the top of the chain.. where will people be happy? Do you want to be the master assassin? The crime boss? Or just the brute who openly kills people?

Again, leveling isn't the main attribute here.. leveling only makes a game unbalanced.. but then, the higher in the ranks you raise, the stronger you become.. how good you are relies on where you rank, your backing by your clan/crime organization, etc.

That's a new car model for you.. :) Long.. but I was just thinking up my great ideas.. good thing I have a few friends down in Full Sail who are working on developing games.. I'm going to be rich someday... well, rich when they get good at what they're doing..heh.