EA: No Shooter Compares to Battlefield 4

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alfaalex101

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Small maps, no sense of teamplay, overpowered assault class guns, toy like helicopter physics, lens glare up the wazoo. What the hell happened.

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
So basically all the things that might make this a better game are because other people outside of EA made better technology and engines.

AgnewsNews

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
I'm tired of people like EA and Infinity Ward/Treyarch saying they're the most innovative company when it comes to first person shooter video games, while groups like Bohemia Interactive have put together some of the most realistic simulations for first person shooters for years with the Arma series. Arma 3 blows BF3 out of the water already in my opinion, and it's still only in beta testing.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
EA should stop making press releases. The publisher's brand has such a bad reputation it hurts their developers. Battlefield would do better if they left the PR to Dice.

RooD

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
I just purchased BF3 and I can't get into a multiplayer game because I don't own the 5 expansion packs... I'll pass on BF4 for this reason... They already have an expansion for BF4 and it hasn't even released. I will be not pay 20 dollars every month or two to keep playing a game.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009

I would love to have something different, regardless of what it is. I always wanted more WW2 games personally.

That's my quarrel with MP games today. The rapidly released "DLC" only splits the gaming community apart. I miss the days when they gave it away for free because they knew it was good PR to make the customer happy. If it was a single person or a mod group, I'd be inclined to help them that way, because it is a lot of work. But for an extremely large team of developers, I don't see how they don't release everything on day 1.

G

I had fun with the game when it was "working" the only thing that didn't make since to me is why did they put search for servers into a browser instead of in the game..

Status
Not open for further replies.