EA: 'Titanfall 2' Slated For Fall 2016, New 'Star Wars' Game Every Year For 3-4 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to fit the DLC\Half-Baked model we've been force fed thus far. This frequency of release has more of a chilling effect to me. It is a bummer because I swear I used to be an optimist about these things but EA sure has made that difficult over the years, to be kind about it.

I wonder how much they are giving up for the Star Wars license, and how much that affects the overall size and depth of the games. Are they incentivized (more than usual) by the structure of the deal to pump out titles to make it profitable? Would they just do that anyway?

SpicPeso

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
ok Starwars every year sounds really good if your a fan, time for Activsion to release new Destiny every year for 4years, start by firing those slow bungie people

That is literally the last thing everyone wants. What we need is fresh, original, well developed games, not the same cookie-cutter bs every year looking for a cash grab.

Gamers themselves are pretty far down on the totem pole of why games are made these days. Games are made for investors now, not players.

beoir

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Actually the REAL difference between Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 is that BF1 will get riddled with problems for about 3 years (if BF3, and BF4 are good indications), and push people over to buying Titanfall 2. This being that I believe the Goobertrons that manage the BF product lines have not learned their lessons.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
I'm kinda erked they are willing to supply PS4 VR capability's, but due to POS Origin I won't be able to use my Vive. EA, Please allow us to purchase your games via Steam. hell I would even pay 5$ more to keep it in steam.

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
How about a well-developed SW game every 4-5 years? If it's a good game, I'll buy pricey DLC every year to keep their revenue up. However, out of principle, I will not buy a new base game every year. I refuse, no matter how much I love Star Wars, to buy a new base game every year, on top of the fact that I took a chance on Battlefront and completely regretted it after I got a half-finished/poorly designed pile of garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.