EA to Release Command & Conquer Generals 2 in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa5er1234

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
About time, but unfortunately I hoped Russia to be officially in this game, and some arab enhanced armies...lets hope they reconsider the factions and the age (Current)... :D
Team that I wish:
1-USA.
2-China.
3-Russia.
4-Arabs (Syria).
5-Israel.
6-Europe.
A bit long but will deserve every penny... :)

killabanks

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]sa5er1234[/nom]About time, but unfortunately I hoped Russia to be officially in this game, and some arab enhanced armies...lets hope they reconsider the factions and the age (Current)... Team that I wish:1-USA.2-China.3-Russia.4-Arabs (Syria).5-Israel.6-Europe.A bit long but will deserve every penny...[/citation]
sorry but Syria is a joke if they had to include someone from the middle east they are better off with Iran or Egypt they both have much stronger armies

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Generals was good, but Zero Hour was Great. I do hope they stand clear from CnC's 4 downfall.. Was the worst CnC game i have ever played.. I played it for about 2 hours and was glad i bought it for 5 bucks on steam. It was literally a worthless piece of garbage, i couldn't believe EA would let a CnC game go down in shit like that, i mean even Red Alert 3 was moderately good, but that was crap, complete crap. Here's to hoping it hits all cylinders like Generals and Zero hour before it.. I will let the reviews judge it, i will not be persuaded out of it by users who judge it right off the bat just because it's EA. Live with it. This is just a teaser trailer, what we see isn't even gameplay. If it's using the Frostbite 2 engine I'm expecting amazing things from this game. But only time will tell, cannot wait to tell my friends, we are truly Generals/Zero hour fans and we still LAN it up play it to this day =D Super Excited to see more actual game play trailers from it soon!!

One thing that many people have not commented on yet is the sheer detail within the game that the frostbite engine is allowing, just from this preview it is showing a massive leap in terrain quality to the point where i believed this game to be an FPS at first.

I have hopes that this will be the CnC we have been waiting for as it has a new enthusiastic sounding team and it shows in the quality of the preview, taken the fact that they only started work on this game at the begging of the year and have been able to create such detailed work so far and still have 2 years to go.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Yes I'm going to double post, didn't see it was in-game footage.. Lets the negatives strike me down.. Total fail, the trailer seems a bit too good to be true.. As someone stated they actually might kill this like CnC 4.. I just hope they don't. Hope the U.I sticks fairly intuitive and isn't some hash up of other RTS games. If they stick there guns down there sights like Blizzard did with SC2 I'm sure they can't screw it up, but knowing EA and this video.. They just might. Sorry for double post.. Negatives?¿

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mauller07[/nom]One thing that many people have not commented on yet is the sheer detail within the game that the frostbite engine is allowing, just from this preview it is showing a massive leap in terrain quality to the point where i believed this game to be an FPS at first.I have hopes that this will be the CnC we have been waiting for as it has a new enthusiastic sounding team and it shows in the quality of the preview, taken the fact that they only started work on this game at the begging of the year and have been able to create such detailed work so far and still have 2 years to go.[/citation]

instead of insane detail, i would rather them work on good minimal detail, you play these games zoomed out all the time, i want it to look good there, not zoomed in.

this makes me shutter to think what a map full of crap going on will play like.

that aside, with origin and bioware dumbing every game they make down recently, im not holding my breath on this one.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
If i hear anything that its the same team that made Tiberian Twilight its a no buy for me - its as simple as that, that pice of cra was not a CC game. No basebuilding philosophy ect due to lazyness / production cost cuts and the extreme rock/sissor/paperbag = no CC game in my book!

EA have moved CC downhill bigtimes, i miss Westwood!

gavjof

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]instead of insane detail, i would rather them work on good minimal detail, you play these games zoomed out all the time, i want it to look good there, not zoomed in. [/citation]

This. Like in Supreme Commander 1 and their awesome zoom which turned all units into strategic icons. It totally worked and to all your friends looking like you were playing a game of RISK on the computer. :p

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]since EA killed Westwood they completely destroy C&C. Even today I play Red Alert.[/citation]
+++ 10000 Westwood still made the best C&C games, damn huge corporations like EA and activision always destroy good stuff.

[citation][nom]cronik93[/nom]AK-47's FOR EVERYONE!!![/citation]
Haalalaalala dirka dirka!!!!

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
as much as I deplore EA as a company for PC Gaming, unfortunately, they will have to take my money on Generals2. Gen1 with Zerohour was the finest RTS I ever enjoyed playing for 3 years almost daily, but lack of EA support destroyed my interest to stay with all the online cheating that became rampant. It became nonsense, like playing chess against a computer that would announce it's next 2 moves everytime you would simply eye your piece. I hope Bioware can deliver the magic that was the Zerohour expansion and multiplayer, and improve on that, mainly for latency, and support for 5 vs 5 on larger maps with no slowdowns would be so much fun. I will be certainly calling back my friends when this comes out.

please EA, make this one for the fans.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]giovanni86[/nom]Generals was good, but Zero Hour was Great. I do hope they stand clear from CnC's 4 downfall.. Was the worst CnC game i have ever played.. I played it for about 2 hours and was glad i bought it for 5 bucks on steam. It was literally a worthless piece of garbage, i couldn't believe EA would let a CnC game go down in shit like that, i mean even Red Alert 3 was moderately good, but that was crap, complete crap. Here's to hoping it hits all cylinders like Generals and Zero hour before it.. I will let the reviews judge it, i will not be persuaded out of it by users who judge it right off the bat just because it's EA. Live with it. This is just a teaser trailer, what we see isn't even gameplay. If it's using the Frostbite 2 engine I'm expecting amazing things from this game. But only time will tell, cannot wait to tell my friends, we are truly Generals/Zero hour fans and we still LAN it up play it to this day =D Super Excited to see more actual game play trailers from it soon!![/citation]

Zero Hour was fantastic. Tons of fun. One thing that I thought was freaken sweet though in the trailer on the CNC Generals 2 site was that it is using the Frostbite 2 engine.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]gavjof[/nom]This. Like in Supreme Commander 1 and their awesome zoom which turned all units into strategic icons. It totally worked and to all your friends looking like you were playing a game of RISK on the computer.[/citation]

After SupCom 1, I grew to hate not having the option to zoom out to see the full field of battle. Different players used the zoom differently. Personally I moved in and out allot. I never just left it all the way out. Game is unplayable that way. But I hate game that don't allow for reasonable camera distances away from the action. You cant see if your being flanked until they are right on top of you.

SupCom 1 is one of, if not the best of all time when it comes to scale and strategic depth. That game was nuts, but the learning curve was steep because of the economy.

CNC Generals though was just good plain fun. Nuclear Migs knocking tanks clear off the screen.....yea I am game for that again.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Oh and SupCom was not the first to bring strategic zoom out. HomeWorld did the exact same thing, just did not call it strategic zoom and it too was one of the strat games ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.