Question earbuds and charging

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
Hello. When I don't use my earbuds, I put them in their case. When they are in their case they charge. Most of the times i haven't use them enough for them to drop bellow 90%. Does this hurt their battery life?

If Li-ion battery is used, then that doesn't affect battery life. Actually, if you use earbuds very rarely, then you don't need to charge them all the time (assuming earbuds have physical off switch) -because Li-ion batteries don't self-discharge much over the time.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
If Li-ion battery is used, then that doesn't affect battery life. Actually, if you use earbuds very rarely, then you don't need to charge them all the time (assuming earbuds have physical off switch) -because Li-ion batteries don't self-discharge much over the time.
i put them on the case so i can store them somewhere without losing them.

What type of battery do they use? Even then it depends on how the charger has been configured. Li-Po batteries do not like being stored at 100% however the charger may give you 100% reading before the cells actually reach 100% charge. Li-ion do not mind.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
What type of battery do they use? Even then it depends on how the charger has been configured. Li-Po batteries do not like being stored at 100% however the charger may give you 100% reading before the cells actually reach 100% charge. Li-ion do not mind.
they are li-ion