[SOLVED] Earthlink offers home internet with no wires (no phone line, no cables, ) so basically its just getting internet from cell phone towers?

bum4evr

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
I live in a unique situation in where I cant get normal wired internet because I live in a "rear house" with no phone lines nor cable installed and the front house already has internet so AT&T and Spectrum both refuse to install in here, and satellite is not an option because I spend 90% of my time playing World of Warcraft and as you know, the latency issue makes playing WoW impossible, So Earthlink offers internet with no wires, just plug in a modem and it works. They said on the phone the internet comes from "nodes" but that just means cell phone towers right? Does anyone have any experience with that? 15 Mbps is the limit but I don't care, that's more then enough for WoW and downloading IF it's reliable.

Thx for any help.

Note- gotta pay $136 over the phone to set it up, ouch.

Sean G

Solution
Ouch, that's expensive for a set up fee.
Any chance that your cell phone service is good enough to use it as a hotspot/USB tether? You would have issues with data limits though unless you have unlimited use.