EA's Origin Access Premier Debuts on July 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2018
As a somewhat ancient gamer (Chopper Command originally infected me with the gamer gene) I almost insist on physical copies, for the reason that I still like to go back and play those old games from time to time (NES, SNES, 64, PC, xbox, whatever.) I have a Netflix subscription I barely ever use as it is, no way I'm signing up to pay to play a game that I could own, but choose not to in order to save a few bucks. Perhaps that's a hangover from my days as an Economist.

Greg_80

Commendable
Jan 24, 2017
I for one would love the service. I pay the money for Netflix, because I can access good original programming vs. paying Disch a ton of money for channels I don't use. Same with games, it will pay for itself with just two AAA titles.

The idea is not bad, but it would need to be more than EA games. However, just imagine if you were not able to buy Battlefield, and had to pay 15$ a month for playing it. If you are playing it for a year, that means 180$. This is where it is getting downright greed.

KD_Gaming

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
@redgarl it says right in the article $100 for 1 year subscription. Anyone that goes long term month to month isn't very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.