Question EASIEST AND CHEAP CPU COOLER TO INSTALL??

Dec 31, 2019
Hi there.

I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3500x from AliExpress to upgrade my system and replacing my old ryzen 5 1400. Yesterday I replaced the CPU but I can't screw in the stupid AMD stock cooler no matter what I try. I'm going to sell the cpu stock cooler and I'm in need of a EASY and CHEAP cpu cooler that are compatible with my components. Budget is under 30 euros. I dont care about the performance it has to be equal or better to the cpu stock cooler.

SPECS:
Gigabyte AB 350 gaming rev 1.
ASUS GTX 1060 3GB OC
RYZEN 5 3500X
8 GB DDR4 Corsair vengeance LPX @2400mhz
CASE:
CORSAIR Carbide Series SPEC-05 - midtowermodel - ATX

I think that's all you need to know. If I have to provide further information please message me.
I was thinking about getting the DEEPCOOL GAMMAX 400. Does anyone have experience with this cooler? Is it easy to install?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2019
Unless the CPU is install incorrectly or the CPU Cooler was damaged somehow, there is no reason why the original from the Ryzen 5 1400 wouldn't work. That said, just search AliExpress for any AM4 compatible CPU Cooler.

-Wolf sends

The cooler does work but I can't screw it in because there is too much space between the pins and the pins of the cooler. Sorry that I have confused you.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
The cooler does work but I can't screw it in because there is too much space between the pins and the pins of the cooler. Sorry that I have confused you.

By pins of the cooler I assume you mean screws? They are spring loaded so the screws should just barley touch the holes they are supposed to thread into on the bracket. Make sure your bracket is all as far as it can go into the holes on your motherboard, you can use electrical tape on the back to make sure the bracket doesn't get pushed out, but I would still recommend putting your hand on the back side of the mobo to hold the bracket in place. Push down as you screw in and as soon as the screw threads in go to another screw in a cross pattern and repeat until all 4 screws are threaded. Then you should be able to thread all the screws down. If this is the process you are using then I don't know what to say. You said you baught it from AliExpress, are your sure the stock cooler came in the box and it wasn't an aftermarket cooler?