[SOLVED] Easy way to check if you meet windows 11 requirements

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
For those of you who are unsure if you meet the requirements for installing windows 11, or cannot understand the requirements for getting windows 11, Microsoft did at one point have a software that checked if your PC would be compatable but that one got removed shortly due to the confusion.

The best alternative however is WhyNotWin11

All you need to do is simply download it and it will create a detection script on whether you meet all the requirements to readily install windows 11 without any hassles.

NOTE: For the CPU, you may get a ? as Microsoft has yet to announce whether they are compatible with Windows 11. Another thing to note that this is assuming you have windows 10 as the requirements recommend it.

If a topic like this already exists or if it violates the rules, I apologize and you can delete this. I just thought of posting this to make it easier for those who want to get windows 11 and easily determine whether their PCs reach the minimum requirements.

Solution
If I were to buy a laptop or desktop computer with Windows 11 on it, I would before even starting it up make a USB Thumb Drive and instal the ISO for Linux mint on the thumb drive and have that thumb drive in a USB port the minute it starts up, go to the thumb drive, install Linux mint, and when it got to the install screen where it says install beside Windows 11 or erase the disk, I would choose to erase the disk and have Linux mint as the only Operating system on that system.

Well enjoy Linux then, thats your prerogative, but since this thread is about Windows 11 and checking if it would work on a system we would appreciate if you would stay on topic.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Google searching for "Windows 11 System Requirements" is a lot easier.

There are some like me who cannot understand whether they meet the specific requirements for Windows 11. Googling for specifics can also be a hassel as you have to go page by page to find the exact specifics.

And besides, its just as easy as download and run it to do the check.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
There are some like me who cannot understand whether they meet the specific requirements for Windows 11. Googling for specifics can also be a hassel as you have to go page by page to find the exact specifics.

And besides, its just as easy as download and run it to do the check.

What's to understand? You either have all the things on the checklist, or you don't.

JoBalz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2014
The best alternative however is WhyNotWin11

All you need to do is simply download it and it will create a detection script on whether you meet all the requirements to readily install windows 11 without any hassles.

I downloaded and used it. Quick and painless, and provided good feedback on what did and what did not meet Win 11 requirements. I'm now ready to take the plunge...after it's been in the wild long enough to work out the worst initial bugs.

Reactions: WrongRookie

jsblume42

Prominent
Jan 8, 2020
What's to understand? You either have all the things on the checklist, or you don't.

According to my Device Manager, the chipset I have is Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family LPC Controller (HM370) - A30D. I have an ASUS ASUS G703GX. The ASUS website lists compatible motherboards by chipset. Which part of "Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family LPC Controller (HM370) - A30D" do I use to determine if mine is in the list of compatible chipsets?

Palladini

Honorable
Jun 26, 2016
If I were to buy a laptop or desktop computer with Windows 11 on it, I would before even starting it up make a USB Thumb Drive and instal the ISO for Linux mint on the thumb drive and have that thumb drive in a USB port the minute it starts up, go to the thumb drive, install Linux mint, and when it got to the install screen where it says install beside Windows 11 or erase the disk, I would choose to erase the disk and have Linux mint as the only Operating system on that system.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Well enjoy Linux then, thats your prerogative, but since this thread is about Windows 11 and checking if it would work on a system we would appreciate if you would stay on topic.

Solution