Easy wireless laptop screen mirroring

Datanome

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
I have a laptop that's always with me, and that I do most of my work with, the laptop has about 16" screen. While at home, where I'm only at weekends, I got a 29" screen plugged into my gaming (etc.) PC. When I'm at home, and would need to work, I don't want to switch to my 16" laptop from the 29" screen which is much more easier to work with. I mostly do web design as my work. It's such a nuisance to unplug the HDMI and USB cables from my PC and plug then into my laptop and when I need to use my PC, the same process again.
I was thinking of Chromecast I could plug into my monitor, but the FPS is very low and the delay is multiple seconds. I would imagine this as impossible to work with. Also a wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard with the Unifying receiver would be good with the laptop. Also on the road.

Any suggestions how to make this simplier?
I don't have much space on my home desktop, as my mid-sized tower PC is on the table with my screen and they pretty much take any available space in X-dimension (horizontal length).

Solution
There is still no decent laptop screen mirroring solution like chromecast.

Every company wants to use their standard, DLNA, Miracast, WiDi. They for the most part work if all of the devices have that technology, otherwise they are either really unstable or dont work at all.

I would use teamviewer or windows remote desktop and remote into your laptop from the desktop. Then you can use your laptop on yor big monitor. Both programs will work fine on local network; if possible I would connect laptop via ethernet to router for smoother display while doing the remote desktop.
There is still no decent laptop screen mirroring solution like chromecast.

Every company wants to use their standard, DLNA, Miracast, WiDi. They for the most part work if all of the devices have that technology, otherwise they are either really unstable or dont work at all.

I would use teamviewer or windows remote desktop and remote into your laptop from the desktop. Then you can use your laptop on yor big monitor. Both programs will work fine on local network; if possible I would connect laptop via ethernet to router for smoother display while doing the remote desktop.

Solution