Question EASYBCD Dual Booting from two drives

smartkid95

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Hi, I have a New Computer Setup Dual Booting Ubuntu and Windows 10. Both OSes Boot fine. I want to use Easy BCD to give me an option to boot to either one every startup. Each OS is setup on its own SSD. Easy BCD is installed on Windows 10. When trying to add the Drive with Ubuntu to the boot options, I can't select it because it has no Drive Letter. I can't assign a drive letter in disk management, the option is grayed out. I tried to assign a letter in Command. It shows the Disk as Disk0 but doesn't display its volumes. Looking for any advised to use EasyBCD in this way, or tips to force a drive letter in Windows 10. If it isn't possible that's ok too I settle for just changing the boot drive from the bios.

smartkid95

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
In the add new entry tab if you select linux it asks you for a partition to select, it doesn't need a drive letter, where is it asking you for a letter?
So when I go to the tab for Linux everything is greyed out. The drive letter part is to say that it doesn't show my drive with linux anywhere. The Partition thing you mention is what I'm assuming the issue is. It seems like EasyBcd wants a Partition on the same drive rather than a separate Hard Drive altogether.

This is what I see, you can select any partition no matter if it has a letter or not.
ZRvQGYw.jpg

smartkid95

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I have the same Community Edition. From some further research it seems that the other drive may be hidden due to using UEFI. I will try to disable that on my motherboard and report back.

This is what I see, you can select any partition no matter if it has a letter or not.
ZRvQGYw.jpg
Maybe it doesn't pick up on the linux install, maybe the linux disk is hidden in disk management, maybe some bios setting is messing thing up, do you run easybcd as admin? Do you have the community edition like I have?

TRENDING THREADS