Ebuyer RMA

yumpum

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hello again everyone,

Unfortunately I am having to RMA my HD 5770 card back to Ebuyer, which has been accepted and is being collected tomorrow. Anyway I have just noticed that the card (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/191864) is no longer sold by ebuyer.

Does this mean I am going to have to wait a very long time to get a replacement? What will happen?

Thanks

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
most companies will still have replacment parts or have acess to replacment parts, but ocationally you'll get an equivilant part that is equal or better, happens with laptop rma's alot

acer0169

Distinguished
Ebuyer normally give you credit for the same amount, or will sometimes give you the next model up.

I use ebuyer a great deal and have around £6k worth of business with them to date (around 200+ orders). The few times this has happened I've rang ebuyer and asked for a different part, and to pay the difference. I've returned two GPU's and got the next model up and paid around £5-10 which was the difference in price.

I've never been turned down when doing this - they understand an RMA is to get a replacement item.. not to keep you waiting for months ;)