ECS Z170-Claymore Motherboard Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ECS. I have used your boards in the past and they all died a horrible death for no apparent reason.

Since I first spotted these MBs on Newegg, calling them LEET seems like they are spitting in my face. I actually thought it was a scam until I later learned they are ECS boards.

I don't know about others but when I look for a quality motherboard it better not have l337 in the title, it just reeks of some garbage you would try to market to very young children... or maybe that is the goal?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Every problem I've had with ECS has been firmware-related. I really don't expect it to "blow up".

bignastyid

Titan

It was more a figurative term, sounded better than die young. Which is what I have seen them do most often(a couple did have exploded capacitors), but this was years ago don't see them as often any more(thank god). Now of they made power supplies like their motherboards they probably would literally blow up.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ECS has been doing OK on the hardware side since its first gaming brand launch 2005, but every time they get close to having a decent firmware they change it up and start over again.

Mac266

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014

Well, if it comes down to exploding or breaking...

Senecaz

Reputable
May 18, 2015
ECS is one of the cheapest I used for years. I don't recommend buying mid-end boards from them unless you want trouble. Low-end, daily computing mobos, yes. Gaming, nope. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.