Editor's Corner: nForce 730i On The Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]wh3resmycar[/nom]about the advance path feature, will it be a bios update? or a whole new motherboard revision?[/citation]

This should be a driver update that fixes the problem Wh3res.

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
keep up the good work chris. things are looking up with recent articles. less and less to complain about and thanks for listening to your viewers.

G

+1 to Chris. Im not sure when u came into play, Mr. Angelini...but over the last month nearly, Toms has been on the up and up again for me. keep it up and big kudus to u all!

G

And the overclocked IGP? Can you show us some results? The AMD 790GX can pass 1ghz and beyond on core clock IGP (see the Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H)

G

yeah, articles have been getting noticeably better... sometimes the subjects of the articles are still questionable... but i doubt the author has much to say about that

ibew112

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
is this some plot to sell all the old 8 series geforce cards nobody wanted to buy ?

ati is beating the crap out of nvidia and we care that the integrated graphics can almost sli with an old 8500gt

if you have done your homework on nvidia's webite they show the performance gains and guess what it gives you the frame rate of an 8500gt
they let you pick 4 or 5 combinations and they all give you a series 8 graphics card
total loser next over something worth reading please

a radeon hd3870x2 is under $200 lets stay in the future TOM geforce 8 was two years ago !

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
^ Just think of it this way. Your comparing a $200 graphics card to a ~ $80 motherboard and a $20 graphics card. Also many people cannot afford (or fit) such a graphics card. Integrated graphics are most popular for a reason. Not to mention HTPC *sleep*

Good job THG for a nice follow-up article. Saves us some valuable time from having to read all those reviews ourselves.Instead of trying out just a Phenom or Athlon X2, try the best of dual and quad for the price range. Apart from that, nice article. Keep it up!

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]amdfangirl[/nom]Good job THG for a nice follow-up article. Saves us some valuable time from having to read all those reviews ourselves.Instead of trying out just a Phenom or Athlon X2, try the best of dual and quad for the price range. Apart from that, nice article. Keep it up![/citation]
Indeed, I usually stop checking for replies after the 2nd page.

It is pretty bad that Hybrid Power isn't supported. It doesn't matter that GTX 2XX series has lower idle power consumption compares with 48XXs', it still draw 30+ watts at idle.

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador
I suppose I'm gonna wait until the next round of Nvidia AMD boards supposedly meant to come. Hopefully by then they will have some Hybrid power. Mt 9600GSO isn't gonna feed itself with power.

Status
Not open for further replies.