Eee PC-like Notebooks Unlikely To Become Blockbusters, Says IDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
ULPC's have many other uses. I was recently attending a trade show where the onsite IT backbone used EEE laptops to run badge scanning terminals. When you consider that about 200 or more of these laptops were set up at the show, the size and cost considerations immediately jump to the forefront. Then you have the obvious logistical advantages of shipping smaller inventory and insurance savings for cheaper hardware.

I expect to see more trade show IT support companies use these laptops in the future.

histud

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
IDC is stating that the new netbooks will not be blockbusters, but also talk about how they are only going to be secondary PC's. I agree that they will only be secondary PC's to our desktops at home (or larger laptop), but I also think that they are going to be much bigger than expected. As far as I can see, they just recently only entered the market and the big retailers like Best Buy have only just begun sinking their teeth in. Right now the main users got theirs online, wait until they are as readily available at such a selection as the normal 15"-17" counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.