Eink Reader Doubles as Phone, Touts Extra-long Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

rad666

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
This could do well. It won't sell in the US, however, because it's not flashy enough with it's B&W screen, no matter how long the battery will last.

I'd personally buy this. If you could get it off a plan, with perhaps time cards, for under 100 bucks this would be amazing. I don't use phones that much I do however like to read books on the go, and kindles don't fit in your pocket as well as phones do.Its specs are pretty bad so I really don't think it should cost (speculative) around 175. Theres much better phones in that price range. Hell for that price you can get a better specced phone and a kindle.

Wild Biker Bill

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Most everyone has bought into their fashionably thin phones which consequently have little battery and even less endurance. This won't fly in the USA precisely because it won't be able to shoot and display people's pictures and videos. And the folks who really value phone battery life probably have stuck with a non-smartphone.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Until they really solve the battery problem to give folks at least two weeks of battery life e-inks are way to go for reading books no matter how you slice it.Now what would be be cool is color e-inks that simulates the look of real paper. I thought Amazon was working on this a couple of years ago. The Kindle Fire is nice but still like to see it happen.

wabbster4

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
There are many phones that will last all day and even 2 days. The LG G2 and the droid Maxx line come to mind.

There are many phones that will last all day and even 2 days. The LG G2 and the droid Maxx line come to mind.
2 days is nothing compared to 2 weeksIs it possible to down vote the person responsible for writing these articles? In my opinion they spent to much time talking about the Yota Phone, perhaps the writer gets paid by the word?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I would like to replace my current eReader with something like this. I already carry my eReader around anyway and having the ability to use it for non-multimedia phone tasks (email, talk, text) would be great. The screen would need to be bigger though.

hannibal

Distinguished
Interesting phone! Hopefully there will be phablet (note2 and note3) size versions of this! It would be better e-reader, offer bigger battery and even longer usage time! With pen, definitely useful notepad/phone/e-reader combination!

Status
Not open for further replies.