Question Either fTPM is causing stuttering in games or I have no clue anymore ?

SLICEnICE

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
Ok here we go, jesus i'm losing it right now. First off my parts.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M K
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x16GB DDR4-3200MHz
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 GAMING Z TRIO LHR
M.2: Samsung 980 Pro 512GB
M.2: Samsung 860 Evo 256GB
SSD: Crucial 1TB
PSU: PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold

So far I get stutters in Overwatch 2 and MW 2019. Non intense graphical games seem to work fine? I started researching the topic, found that fTPM might be the issue, I installed the latest BiOS w/ 1.2.0.7 AGES that was supposed the fix the issue. Nothing came of it and still stuttered hard. Decided to switch fTPM off and still nothing came of it. If anyone is asking about drivers, I have tried literally everything. Used DDU as well for gpu drivers. Even reinstalled windows 2 times. Nothing has worked so far.

For an example, when I hop into my first game of MW 2019, the first 30-60 seconds are super smooth and playable, after that I seem to stutter every 10-15 seconds after that. Basically any video you see of the stutter related to fTPM that is exactly what it looks like. Which is why I thought was my problem. But it didn't seem to fix it. Checked temps and clocks, all good. In-game it just shows my GPU and CPU times skyrocket during the stutter and than reset to normal.

Next what I thought was overheating VRM's. This is still debatable in my head since the board is pretty shit. Idle temps my VRM's are around 60-73C. I find this kind of high for idle. I haven't checked the temps of my VRM's while testing, but I think that might be the issue. Also installed the games on different drives to see if it was one of my drives dying, but nope still stuttered.

If anyone else is having issues like I am and has found a fix, please let me know. I'm losing my mind. I feel like I've tried everything in the world. I kind of want to take my CPU and put it in my old motherboard I have laying around. It's the MSI x470 Gaming Plus Max. That might fix all my issues, the only problem is that motherboard is ATX sized and my new build is M-ATX, so if I have to switch back to my old case I guess I will but if anyone knows any other fixes let me know.

I feel like I didn't provide enough information, if you need anything else, let me know.

SLICEnICE

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
It’s gotta be the CPU or MOBO, I’m literally convinced at this point. Gonna go home and switch them out. Will update soon.