Question EK Vardar RGB Fans not lighting up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2021
So i have 4 EK-Vardar Evo 140ER D-RGB fans that won't light up. I tried them daisy chained together then 1 all by itself and still nothing. Whats weird is when i add my D5 pump RGB to the chain the RGBs on that work just fine but not the fans. I am connecting them to the 3 pin 5v header

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your motherboard? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard? Also parse a link to the pump that you're working with. Using a splitter to pair all devices to that one header?

May 1, 2021
Make and model of your motherboard? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard? Also parse a link to the pump that you're working with. Using a splitter to pair all devices to that one header?

My Mobo is a Gigabyte Z390 Arous Pro Wifi

Under system management here is what my Bios version is listed as: American Megatrends Inc. F11, 10/15/2019

Here is the pump https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-kinetic-tbe-300-d5-pwm-d-rgb-plexi
Here is the Fan https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vardar-evo-140er-d-rgb-400-1600-rpm

May 1, 2021
The fans have a male and female connector on each one to daisy chain them together. I did that and added the pump at the end of the chain and then connected the front of the chain to the MOBO header

May 1, 2021
im starting to think the RGB on the fans are just defective because i tried one on another PC that has different RGB fans and i put it in the daisy chain with them and the 3 fans continued to work but the EK one i added didnt work still.

I just find it hard to believe i got 4 fans that were all defective

May 1, 2021
so i had a controller lying around that let me connect a RGB through a sata hook up via the PS and the lights worked instantly on the fan as soon as i plugged it in, the connection is loose though as soon as i set it down it falls out. But it shows the rgbs on the fans do work so it must be the header on the MOBO. However the header works fine for powering my res RGBS so i am completely confused

EDIT i just remembered they didnt work on the other pc also which i know has the working 5v header so it must be something with the fans not wanting to connect through the 5v header?

May 1, 2021
so the one fan that i got to work through the sata hook up now works partially when connected to the header but only like 1/3rd of the lights on the ring work, i was able to control it somewhat through the remote control at first but that dosnt work anymore, and when i tried to hook the other fans to it one at a time they didnt work at all.

I dont understand what is going on, spent almost $1000 on all the custom loop components to build this thing, and $120 of which was the 4 fans, i just want it to work properly gahhh

Status
Not open for further replies.