EK Water Blocks Now Offers Monoblocks For Gigabyte Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
What is the pressure drop of this vs. other commonplace EK CPU blocks that would be used instead, such as the Supremacy?
(Niels here), from what I've seen, hardly more than the standard Supremacy EVO block. The Monoblock water blocks are typically made with the same base as a Supremacy EVO, with an added path for the VRM circuitry. That path doesn't have any fins, as Shankovich mentioned, so it hardly adds any hydraulic restriction.

heydan

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I think those monoblocks looks ugly, I prefer separate blocks for CPU and VRM even if that combination is more expensive than this one.

Lutfij

Titan
The monoblocks came as a fruit of love by the community. EK noticed how many modders who had access to a CNC milling machine would make their own version of a top cover which would later combine with any regular block.

Rubix,
The pressure drop on such a block isn't too much and they follow EK's design philosophy of being least in terms of restriction but optimized in terms of flow rate and temps. The only other competitor of this class is by Bitspower. Watercool may come around but they are hot off the heels of their new Heatkiller 4.0 block.

Nicely done ..... and grats to Giga for making the 3 mobo designs similar enough for EQ to realize economies of scale in making one block for 3 boards. The one I expected EK to come out with early was one for the MSI Z170 Titanium the nickel plated block is a great aesthetic match.

Status
Not open for further replies.