[SOLVED] ekwb a240g kit questions

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012
So its on sale right now. i been meaning to start water cooling. Can i just buy this kit and just add onto it? maybe another rad + zmt tubes (i rly like them). and possibly some angled fittings. would this work?

Solution
So its on sale right now. i been meaning to start water cooling. Can i just buy this kit and just add onto it? maybe another rad + zmt tubes (i rly like them). and possibly some angled fittings. would this work?
Yes the A series is good for your starting.
But keep in mind that the blocks are made of aluminium.
So if a change of cpu/gpu block is needed later on, you dont want to mix aluminium parts with copper parts. :)

** btw this one should go under cooling section :p

xeddiex

Respectable
Aug 27, 2017
So if a change of cpu/gpu block is needed later on, you dont want to mix aluminium parts with copper parts. :)

Solution

valrog

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2012

oh my bad. i thought i actually posted it in cooling section.
So if im getting fittings and additional rad, it should both be aluminum? any good ones? I might be blind but all the rads i see from ekwb site is copper.. so im not sure what to buy.

xeddiex

Respectable
Aug 27, 2017
oh my bad. i thought i actually posted it in cooling section.
So if im getting fittings and additional rad, it should both be aluminum? any good ones? I might be blind but all the rads i see from ekwb site is copper.. so im not sure what to buy.
The A240G kit is under "EK Fluid Gaming" product line, which is a gaming sub-brand of EK.
This series do cost less than their EK counterparts as they are all aluminum parts (blocks, rads, fittings).
I am not saying that are bad, in fact this kit does quite a good job.
But if you are trying to upgrade later, you should find more options if you choose copper parts. :)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Agree with others here. The EK aluminum kits are some of the highest quality ones I've seen and they work very well with all-aluminum components but you wouldn't want to mix with copper, nickel or brass.

If the plan in the future is to move to using copper/brass/nickel, my recommendation would be simply to start out using the parts and expand.

If this is an issue with budget - don't buy it all at once. Plan your build. Know what you want to buy and buy what you can, when you can and then assemble.

No one ever said everything had to be bought at once, shipped at once and assembled at the same time.