EKWB Cools Asus' Maximus VI Impact Mini-ITX Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
IMO these kind of tech accessories are the coolest (pun intended). Very exciting to see components and the cooling solutions to cool them advance together.

Stevemeister

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
I like it BUT the whole idea of ITX is to keep things small so the moment you add water cooling with a custom water loop (which is what EK make) then you need a ton of space for reservoirs, radiators and pumps! I know - I have a large water cooling system and its not ITX friendly.

PEJUman

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
I like it BUT the whole idea of ITX is to keep things small so the moment you add water cooling with a custom water loop (which is what EK make) then you need a ton of space for reservoirs, radiators and pumps! I know - I have a large water cooling system and its not ITX friendly.

umm... I have a prodigy ITX case, which is about 50% the size and weight of my old Tower. It currently runs watercooled i7 with dual pump, 120mm & 240mm radiators. Along with a 780TI & 2 HHD + 4 SSD. The only thing installed externally is the exhaust fan on the rear 120MM mount, which serves as a mount for the 120mm radiator/resevoir/fill combo.

Still very serviceable, I check for leaks every 3 months, top-off every 6-12 months. All I had to do is remove the 4 screws holding the external exhaust fan, the 120 mm radiator pop off inside the case and I'll fill & bleed from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.