News EKWB Vows to Develop Water Blocks for Custom GeForce RTX 3090 Ti

wifiburger

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2016
if I were to guess EK will be rushing to put these out first so people have no choice but to buy them

I would wait and not buy anything EK. The quality is complete trash on EK products.

1080ti EK block, the nickel survived 3years, my 3090 EK block the nickel just faded as if it was painted in 1week. The o-rings / or the PMA top was not factory cleaned, leaked oil into the loop. I had to waste the weekend to take the loop apart and clean the crap out.

Not only that, but their standoffs clearance was excessive for no reason. I had to grind down the standoffs & lap the horrible /not flat GPU spot on their block.

Went from 26c water to core delta to 7c after the mods.
13c delta when I use 600W on my 3090 (bios mod) but I'm sure you can do better with non-EK block.

I could of easily waited for another block that had 10c delta out of the box.

Stay away from this EK waterblock since this 3090 model will use 500w+ and EK blocks are garbage without mods for high power usage !!!!

Last edited:

FiRem00

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
EKWB can't even make the full line-up for existing custom cards, example like an active backplate for the Aorus 3090 Xtreme, and it took you ages for even the front plate for that one, and didn't bother releasing the active rear at the same time when it was already released for other cards and still nothing 'til this date. They are seriously lacking and falling behind even Bykski nowadays. Poor show to be frank.

if I were to guess EK will be rushing to put these out first so people have no choice but to buy them

I would wait and not buy anything EK. The quality is complete trash on EK products.

1080ti EK block, the nickel survived 3years, my 3090 EK block the nickel just faded as if it was painted in 1week. The o-rings / or the PMA top was not factory cleaned, leaked oil into the loop. I had to waste the weekend to take the loop apart and clean the crap out.

Not only that, but their standoffs clearance was excessive for no reason. I had to grind down the standoffs & lap the horrible /not flat GPU spot on their block.

Went from 26c water to core delta to 7c after the mods.
13c delta when I use 600W on my 3090 (bios mod) but I'm sure you can do better with non-EK block.

I could of easily waited for another block that had 10c delta out of the box.

Stay away from this EK waterblock since this 3090 model will use 500w+ and EK blocks are garbage without mods for high power usage !!!!
Take a look at OptimusPC watercooling.

TRENDING THREADS