EKWB Wasted No Time Preparing A Fury X Water Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
lol, in case your not happy with a very effective water cooler included you can put a different one on. I understand that it's nice to have it all in one system but it seems to me this should be targeted at the Fury not the Fury X. It probably does fit the Fury as well in all honesty. I still find it amusing.

cyrusfox

Distinguished
lol, in case your not happy with a very effective water cooler included you can put a different one on. I understand that it's nice to have it all in one system but it seems to me this should be targeted at the Fury not the Fury X. It probably does fit the Fury as well in all honesty. I still find it amusing.
If you already have a water cool set up with multiple radiators, it makes perfect sense to not want to use the all in one included with the card(where am I going to stick that extra fan...). Just give me a card with universal barbs and I am good to go. On second though though, my 7970 has aged pretty well, still not seeing a reason to step up, it does spend most of it time off as well.

Well, based on some benchmarks, you clearly need two of these for optimal 4K gaming, at which point, many would be scratching their heads while staring at their cases... two separate 120 rads+fans? How long are the attached hoses?

rdc85

Honorable
The stock AIO cooler in furyX is not bad (quite good actually), but we custom loop is much more potent and arguably more good looking...

also stock one is have the tube via the end of card
adding unnecessary length to the card..

If me, I may keep the stock rad, fans, and tube since they good quality,
resell the pump & block...

hobbsmeerkat

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I really like the fact that this makes the Fury X a singe-slot card. Also, we know that BIOS hacks are coming, and it'd be nice to see some early attempts to overclock HBM once given the extra cooling. and I suspect with Fury Pro we might see some more overclocking options, given the custom PCBs, but we'll have to see when they launch in July.

What's the point when temps are low already and all the reviewers are struggling to get even a 5% overclock?

I'd have to say single slot cooler, ability to tap into existing water cooling system, better looking, and the OCing abilities of Fury have hardly been settled at 5%...the cards just came out...there will be BIOS updates, 3rd party over clocked versions, driver updates...the game just started and you say throw in the towel...lol

geopirate

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Why not wait a month for the regular fury? It will likely have the same parts with an air cooler and be cheaper, likely much closer to $500.

rtrski

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
Single-slot nice. If the OEM 120x1 cooler is enough for one, presumably a custom loop with 120x3 would cool 2 in Crossfire just fine. Wonder if EKWB is working on an alternate backplate too...Tom's review indicated it was a problem for the first PCIE slot on the MSI X99A Xpower motherboard, and that's the combo I wanted to get....

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
nice but EKWB needs to make the water block works in single slot CF with no free slot space between them.

The possibility of adding 4 of those cards in a mATX 4 slots motherboard is interesting.

The tubes hole in this design wont work .. needs space for the tubes between two cards .. so it has to be on top holes.

rdc85

Honorable

That's actually makes people wonder, why it's can only OC-ed so low?.
since there no throttling because of heat, just unstable like a sign of starving for power..
maybe amd don't want we messing with voltage because increasing the voltage have (bad) effect to HBM

Anyways, this custom WB is arguable looks better :D
(not mention 1 slot)

It's interesting but i doubt it will work good, i don't see mATX board that may have enough pci lines
to run 4cfx.. :)

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

the lanes come from the CPU and not the motherboard. All what you need to do is to use a 40 lanes CPU which will give you four X8 native lanes . I haven't seen mATX with 4 slots, but 3 Slots are there so it is possible today to use 3 cards in mATX.

rdc85

Honorable

Yup, that's what i means haha...
since it's up to mobo manufacturer to design how many lines go to pci-ex, how to sata/nvme, etc..
I haven't seen one with mATX board with 4cfx capabilities :)

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

:) lets hope they make such motherboards .

Status
Not open for further replies.