Elder Scrolls Online to be Playable on Older Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Hopefully less demanding than Diablo 3. Blizzard kicked out the two biggest diablo fans I know, my two brothers, by raising the minimum graphics too much. Sure I love great graphics but moreso I love playing with friends, especially my two brothers.

samuelspark

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
[citation][nom]jryan388[/nom]Hopefully less demanding than Diablo 3. Blizzard kicked out the two biggest diablo fans I know, my two brothers, by raising the minimum graphics too much. Sure I love great graphics but moreso I love playing with friends, especially my two brothers.[/citation]

what? Diablo 3 is one of the easiest games to run. You're expecting too much outta 10 year old machines.

G

Awesome, Older machines have bad graphics and run at a nice FPS, New machines have good graphics and run at high fps.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Shakez[/nom]Awesome, Older machines have bad graphics and run at a nice FPS, New machines have good graphics and run at high fps.[/citation]

and your point is ?

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]jryan388[/nom]Hopefully less demanding than Diablo 3. Blizzard kicked out the two biggest diablo fans I know, my two brothers, by raising the minimum graphics too much. Sure I love great graphics but moreso I love playing with friends, especially my two brothers.[/citation]
Yeah, I hate to be a dick, but I think your brothers need to get a job or something. Sell some crack a few times a week maybe?

Diablo III is EXTREMELY easy to run.

G

im with whysobluepandabear
get a job, any pc worth 600$ + should be able to play it.

who didnt expect low graphics from Majong? They are an indie company run by wannabe's. I personally see graphic quality as a REQUIREMENT for a good game in todays age(since its not hard to get a decent engine).

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]samuelspark[/nom]what? Diablo 3 is one of the easiest games to run. You're expecting too much outta 10 year old machines.[/citation]
It really isn't

Upon startup it'll lag - on any computer. It'll eventually go away, but even on an i7 with a geforce 580 it'll lag initially.

And once in a while it'll lag in game too - probably because of how poorly battle.net is running.

I've got an older rig with an i7-920 and a hd6950 card and the first combat experience is always a slideshow. That is poorly run.

So though it works okay in most cases it isn't always fluid - and I had the same 'what the beep it's a 2006 game' when I started it just like when I tried wow the first time and thought 'what the beep it's a directx7 game' (running an 8800gtx at the time)

alhanelem

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
what happened to gameplay being more important than eyecandy?

i would rather play a good game that looks outdated than a "next gen" game that was really shitty.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]alhanelem[/nom]what happened to gameplay being more important than eyecandy?i would rather play a good game that looks outdated than a "next gen" game that was really shitty.[/citation]

get a wii

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
I've got an older rig with an i7-920 and a hd6950 card and the first combat experience is always a slideshow. That is poorly run.

Diablo 3? are you serious? You, sir, need to learn about graphics card updates, broadband connections (latency > bandwidth), and general computer maintenance.

I have a Phenom x3 Black edition, a 6870 and 4gb of ram and I run Diablo 3 on ULTRA and notice NOTHING, as far as graphical lag is concerned. (that's MY version of an older rig...)

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]alhanelem[/nom]what happened to gameplay being more important than eyecandy?i would rather play a good game that looks outdated than a "next gen" game that was really shitty.[/citation]

and yes, if gameplay is what you're after, go get a wii or play WoW (if you're not bored to death of it already) ...

a game nowadays must have both great graphics AND fantastic gameplay:

Skyrim, Fallout 3, Half-Life 2, etc.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Kryan[/nom]Diablo 3? are you serious? You, sir, need to learn about graphics card updates, broadband connections (latency > bandwidth), and general computer maintenance.I have a Phenom x3 Black edition, a 6870 and 4gb of ram and I run Diablo 3 on ULTRA and notice NOTHING, as far as graphical lag is concerned. (that's MY version of an older rig...)[/citation]
I know about those things. I've got the 12.3 drivers (those without faults), a 30/30 Fiber connection, a Phenom X4 with 8GB memory and 4 LAN adapters as gateway (2008r2) and I still have the problem.
So does my best friend, and so does 100% of the people I've spoken to in this regard.
It's good at you are the exception, but just because you've got luck doesn't mean there isn't an issue. The graphics subsystem occassionally introduces unwarrented and noticeable latency and the preloading is done very poorly and thus makes the first contact with mobs a slideshow.

Any well - ultra is fine, but it still isn't looking good. I see diablo 3 as sort of a torchlight 1.5

redemptionse

Honorable
May 2, 2012

I can't say I've experienced this either

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]I know about those things. I've got the 12.3 drivers (those without faults), a 30/30 Fiber connection, a Phenom X4 with 8GB memory and 4 LAN adapters as gateway (2008r2) and I still have the problem. So does my best friend, and so does 100% of the people I've spoken to in this regard.It's good at you are the exception, but just because you've got luck doesn't mean there isn't an issue. The graphics subsystem occassionally introduces unwarrented and noticeable latency and the preloading is done very poorly and thus makes the first contact with mobs a slideshow. Any well - ultra is fine, but it still isn't looking good. I see diablo 3 as sort of a torchlight 1.5[/citation]

No problems running D3 here. Aside from all their server issues recently.

America server.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]which realm ? maybe it only happends on eu ?[/citation]

Hardly, run on EU server with 20-30 in ping with the server located about 3000km away, zero packet-loss and fps locked at 60hz (vsync on) at 2560x1600. Diablo 3 is one of the easiest run titles, any computer worth mentioning can run it (no offence!). Got a friend who had issues with his ISP and that made all sorts of nasty side effects, fps drops was just one of them, still hear him cursing blizzard for forcing him to be on-line for playing solo.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
ok neiroatopelcc I will agree with you on one point only: After first loading the game and entering into the first battle the game does seem to be choppy. I am not sure if it is server lag or the game engine. After the first battle though the game runs smooth and I can run it on any of my PC's because the game truly does not require much to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.