[SOLVED] Electricity in the "Chassis"

Manishka1990

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Hi there! I just helped a friend put his PC together. When we started the pc it could not connect to the screen so we made sure the graphics card was properly connected and such. Then when i touched the backpanel to power on the pc again i noticed that it was as though my finger had electricity running through it when i touched the back, continously. As it never stopped till i pulled the power cable out, even if the power butten on the back was set to off the entire chasses was still "electrified".

I've never had this problem before and was hoping someone here might have an answer for me or a solution of some sort :)

Solution
P
Hi there! I just helped a friend put his PC together. When we started the pc it could not connect to the screen so we made sure the graphics card was properly connected and such. Then when i touched the backpanel to power on the pc again i noticed that it was as though my finger had electricity running through it when i touched the back, continously. As it never stopped till i pulled the power cable out, even if the power butten on the back was set to off the entire chasses was still "electrified".

I've never had this problem before and was hoping someone here might have an answer for me or a solution of some sort :)
Put the case on some wood
If not
Grab a nail and like 50cm cable
Get the brass matrieal out of the cable...
Oct 12, 2020
P

If not
Get the brass matrieal out of the cable casings/cover
Tie one end of the brass thingy on the aio pannel
And then install the nail in the ground
Then tie the other end of the brass thing in the nail
Sorry for my basic english if u want i can send u pics

Solution

Manishka1990

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
P

If not
Get the brass matrieal out of the cable casings/cover
Tie one end of the brass thingy on the aio pannel
And then install the nail in the ground
Then tie the other end of the brass thing in the nail
Sorry for my basic english if u want i can send u pics

Your English is perfect :)

Could the same be accomplished with an earth connection in the power cable?

Oct 12, 2020
Your English is perfect :)

Could the same be accomplished with an earth connection in the power cable?

Oh thank you mate
Im not entirely sure
I tried the first methid and worked for me
I live in iraq and our weather is dry most of the time
Humidty and moist may play a role
Give it a try mate

Manishka1990

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Oh thank you mate
Im not entirely sure
I tried the first methid and worked for me
I live in iraq and our weather is dry most of the time
Humidty and moist may play a role
Give it a try mate
The grounded wire seems to have fixed the electricity problem now we just need to fix the GFX card somehow :sweatsmile: But thanks for the help mate :D

Manishka1990

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Glad to hear that mate
As for the gpu make sure all cables are correctly plugged it and the gpu is noce and tight in its place
We have, i have told him to try some of the different sockets or slots or whatever they are called and then we will see, but the GPU may have been shorted out but we will see :) Thanks :D