Electronic Arts Feels The Need to Reboot 'Need For Speed'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Just remake underground, exactly as it was but with larger maps, modern music and cars and just let it go at that... Or cross it with Most Wanted and bring cops in to the night time racer.

Ranth

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Just remake underground, exactly as it was but with larger maps, modern music and cars and just let it go at that... Or cross it with Most Wanted and bring cops in to the night time racer.
I personally prefer the soundtrack of NFS underground to any new dubsteppy thing, but other than I'd agree give me neon under my car!

zhunt99

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
If it is anything like NFS Hot Pursuit 2 was on the PS2, I could very much get behind it.

I'd love a return to the "EA Sports: It's in the game!" days.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
You want a REAL reboot. Add weapons to the game ala ROAD RASH. I still can't believe they haven't re-made this game. Loads of fun. I'd like to see cars with weapons for need for speed and also a reboot of Road Rash so I can pick up a pipe and wail away on the competition again...LOL. Multi-player on that would be awesome. Driving games need weapons. The perfect game would allow you to go either way. Pure racing for those people, but weapons with the click of a button for mad max style racing...ROFL. Perfect timing since we'll likely see 3 mad max movies at least now. WEAPONIZE my driving please. In a car & on a bike.

oops..road rash, not racer..LOL. Yeah, it's been that long. Reboot!

wtfxxxgp

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
That in-game footage looks freaking impressive. Can't wait to see just how much attention they've paid to the customisation aspect of the game because I feel that they started off well and steadily declined. Us car-guys would love a true car customisation game that you could even learn a thing or 2 from. In the real world, you take your chances with mechanics for insane and stupid builds that haven't been done before - sometimes it pays off and sometimes it does not. Mostly it does not. I'd like to see that sort of dynamic - where you have different tuners that end up working on the car and sometimes you strike oil and other times you get caught by cops because your new Big Turbo conversion blew.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Bring back the old NFS. Yes add some cars. Add a good story. And make the map HUGE and you can have my money. Actually just make GTA6

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
EA has been a waste of Porsche license for decades. (EA hold all Porsche license on all gaming platforms including PC) Porsche PR are either some of the laziest or stupidest people work in their industry. Porsche is one of the auto manufacturer with the richest motorsport history and EA are wasting these Porsche on game with "authentic urban car culture". **** EA that I am playing Project CARS, Assetto Corsa and DiRT Rally with no Porsche.

Its EA, dont ask for Oranges from an Apple tree, we know what they are able to do, and a good game is not in their dictionary.
But if you want a great frustrating DRM Online always non working servers experience, you are looking at the right place.
Actually, just buy this game as a present for someone you hate.

You want a REAL reboot. Add weapons to the game ala ROAD RASH. I still can't believe they haven't re-made this game. Loads of fun. I'd like to see cars with weapons for need for speed and also a reboot of Road Rash so I can pick up a pipe and wail away on the competition again...LOL. Multi-player on that would be awesome. Driving games need weapons. The perfect game would allow you to go either way. Pure racing for those people, but weapons with the click of a button for mad max style racing...ROFL. Perfect timing since we'll likely see 3 mad max movies at least now. WEAPONIZE my driving please. In a car & on a bike.

oops..road rash, not racer..LOL. Yeah, it's been that long. Reboot!

Actually; check out Road Redemption on Steam. Still in alpha(or maybe Beta) now, but yes; extremely addictingly fun.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

article-2644189-1E587F1300000578-542_634x421.jpg

images

Kaiziel

Reputable
May 21, 2015
You wanna know what really needs a "reboot" Future Cop:LAPD , hmm maybe they should put that cop in the game, whats scarier then a bad ass hovering cop car chasing you then turning into a mech??

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
All they have to do is re-release "NFS Porsche Unleashed" as is. Only add support for modern OS and hardware. Done!

Oh and a 918 Spyder. And Oculus Rift support. Please?

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

That's what I'm after on the bike side, now just need a game on the car side so you can go all sim you want (and I don't want this gone, I like need for speed games and have a MOMO Force top end wheel etc for sim side), then click and change to arcade car shooter as a break from the sim side. Or just take the main game and make a separate arcade road war game so the purists don't freak out (if that's why I got voted down before). I can live with TWO games.

OriginFree

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
NFS: Porsche unleashed, Britain unleashed, Italy unleashed .... seriously how hard it this to grasp.

Oh and I'm not Asian and I'm not retarded. If the ass end of my car slides, it's a bad thing. Get rid of the drifting crap.

JackC8

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
I really enjoyed the two Shift games but the studio that made those is coming out with Project Cars now, which I'd take any day over some crappy thing from EA. Probably broken at launch, buy the other two-thirds of it via DLC, get online and play smash up derby with the hyperactive twelve year old's who can't enjoy anything unless they're ruining it for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.