Question Elgato 4k60 pro mk2 in which slot on asus z170 k help

Jul 26, 2022
Hello,
I have an elgato 4k60 pro mk2, and my mobo is an asus z170-k ,hwid info says i have 2x pic express x4 slots , 1x 2, 2 x1, and 2x 16, but in the manual it says i have 1x 16, 1x4, and rest x1.

My question is: In which lane can i put it, except the x16 right below the gpu? because the gpu gets to 70 degrees or more, and is very close to the capture card i think it s not optimal and would be better on another lane so the fans of the gpu get more air too, but i don t know if the pci lanes below would work .

The 4k60 pro mk2 needs a pci e gen 2 x4 lane, i do not understand if my lanes are just x1 except the 2 lanes x16/4 ?

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to grant us access to your full system's specs for us to better understand the predicament you're in. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Please be sure to mention any other contraptions in your build such as fans or bobble head dolls(yes people use them to decorate their innards) that might impede any slots in your build. GPU support brackets are among said obstructions.