'Elite Dangerous Horizons' Set To Land On Dec 15, Still Considered Early Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markypoozle

Reputable
Dec 9, 2015
I'm not sure why we care about elite dangerous? Isn't Tom's Hardware a hardware oriented site? Could we please stop talking about ED Horizons?

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
The developers need to focus on making a single player campaign, or a online campaign. Even to this day, getting started in Elite dangereous is a daunting task. I literally had to spend 2 hours watching video's and reading guides just to get started and complete my first mission.

It's a massive sandbox space game, but it needs lore, a traditional linear plot that teaches fundamentals.

Also they are charging $59.99 for a expansion which is a bit expensive.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
You're not paying the full price for the expansion. There is a lore, and it is in my opinion going to be the most exceptional online game experiment ever. It's an entire galaxy evolving in real time, and they're planning to let it evolve for ten years, at least. There will never be a scripted gameplay in it. This is not that type of game.

sixbone

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
I absolutely love the fact that you have to figure out how to do everything on your own. I'm SICK of all the games that have to hold your hand for the first 2 hours of gameplay.

jragonsoul

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
The b*tthurt SC trolls are here, as usual...
Horizons will be out next week, as the headline says.
We reading the same thread? What SC trolls? Not a single comment but your is referencing SC. OH! I get it, you're an ED Troll! Makes sense now.

toddybody

Distinguished
The b*tthurt SC trolls are here, as usual...
Horizons will be out next week, as the headline says.
We reading the same thread? What SC trolls? Not a single comment but your is referencing SC. OH! I get it, you're an ED Troll! Makes sense now.

Hey, my mother is a literal troll...and I take great offense by these jokes.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
The developers need to focus on making a single player campaign, or a online campaign. Even to this day, getting started in Elite dangereous is a daunting task. I literally had to spend 2 hours watching video's and reading guides just to get started and complete my first mission.

It's a massive sandbox space game, but it needs lore, a traditional linear plot that teaches fundamentals.

Also they are charging $59.99 for a expansion which is a bit expensive.

It has lore. And history... Seems like most of you players are looking for a Call-of-Duty style gaming on rails experience. This is explicitly NOT that. Yes, it is a sandbox... the size of the galaxy... If you align yourself with a powerplay faction and start working with, or against that faction, then the real game starts to appear... and there are plenty of ways to get yourself into stressful situations, plenty of drama, things to learn, things to adapt to...

The game does have on offline mode where you and basically teach yourself how to play against bots only.

Play in OPEN PLAY mode, flying missions, and have wings of other CMDRs try to make you buy your ship again.

Most of the reviewers (including THG) are peddling around an a stock SIDEWINDER, give it a couple hours, then write a (completely clueless) 'review'.

Status
Not open for further replies.