ELSA Launches GeForce GTX 770 Hybrid Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
$700? How about "no".

For $700, you can get the fastest single gpu card on the planet, the Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 HOF Edition:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/08/14/galaxy_geforce_gtx_780_hof_edition_review/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DZIFN4M/

When overclocked, it will match (and sometimes beat) the performance of a GTX 690 or Radeon HD 7990, but without any of the problems associated with dual-GPU setups. I cannot stress this enough: Single GPU >>> multi-GPU.

Before you ask, the answer is: No, you cannot take any regular GTX 780 and overclock it to the same levels as the HOF edition card, since the chip used in the HOF card was especially binned for higher overclocks and the card itself is heavily modified to handle much higher voltages and heat without degradation.

For that price you can get a great GTX 770 and the cooler put it on your self and still save money. I did it with both of my GTX 670's since there was no full water blocks that are made for my cards.

cmi86

Distinguished
the cooler is only $125 at microcenter lol. I am kicking around the idea of getting one for my 7870 LE, they do perform quite well and will keep WAY quieter and cooler than my single 80mm fan now. BAD POWERCOLER !! single 80 on a high end GPU, just silly,

ericc191

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
merikafyeah,

The HOF does not boost as high as some of the other 780s. Also, unlike the Asus DCUII, it ships with Elpida memory. As for binned, I'm not so sure they are. I've done extensive research on both the Asus and the Galaxy because I'm still trying to decide which one to go with. From what I've seen in numerous reviews, the Asus actually clocks really high with ease. But to give your argument a little credit, the Asus does only come with one 6 pin and one 8 pin instead of the Galaxy's two 8 pins for power. If I could find proof that they are cherry picking the chips for the Galaxy, then I'd buy it even with its Elpida memory.

OmarMagdi

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Did you guys forget to mention The EVGA 780 Classified.. As far as I know, it's the best overclocker in all GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.